special charters in file names on XBMC
I have a show that has the / symobol in the middle. But when i enter it xbmc does not seem to read it as / and skips that tv show folder. What do i need to do? Is there something im not doing right?
Rename the file/folder?
I do that because that is how the title is listed in the tvdb and if I leave out the / then tvdb doesn't read it
I has a little dig and found this on reddit
Quote:Sometimes, however, a certain program causes problems. For example, I couldn't get XBMC to recognise Nip\Tuck - I couldn't or didn't want to use a backslash in the directory name and "Nip Tuck" wasn't being scraped. In cases like these you can specify the program ID that it should scrape on thetvdb by adding a file (tvshow.nfo) in the TV show's directory. In the case of Nip\Tuck the contents of this file are as follows:
<tvshow>
<title>Nip/Tuck</title>
<episodeguideurl>http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=72201&lid=7</episodeguideurl>
<id>72201</id>
</tvshow>

If you add an nfo file as described above then it ignores the name of the directory and uses the values that you specify in the nfo instead.
You can also just rename it to whatever, then find the folder in XBMC and press "i" and manually search for the title. That way it has the correct title in the library, and you don't have to make an NFO file.
how do you press i while in xbmc?
ilovemymac Wrote:how do you press i while in xbmc?

i prefer to use my left hand index finger,
though your mileage may vary.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Or bring up the Context menu and chose "tvshow/movie information"
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
special charters in file names on XBMC0