• 11(current)
XBMC Intro Movie
ok first off im lost a bit... is this still working with confluance as of this post date? please forgive my nubness here...

I cant find the advancedsettings.xml im using a windows and raspberry pi set ups. cant find this file anywhere...
as far as the script.xbmc.intromovie file I cant seem to figure out where/what do do with it...

I found the skin.confluance files, and such but cant seem to get things right.. any im an idiot guide? I know im close,

anyway any help is greatly appreciated,, thanks in advance Smile
Hi -- trying to get this to work with Gotham 13.2 beta Aeon MQ5. I am unable to get the rid of the splash screen (I added an advancedsettings.xml file as per instruction to app data/userdata folder)

Then I tried adding the intro movie to the root folder of the skin. And adding the line based on the instruction to play the intro movie in the home.xml. When I load up XBMC, the splash screen shows up. Then the intro movie plays, but the OSD controls come up. I tried some of the things suggested to Cank earlier in the post, but nothing fixes the OSD issue. I also tried switching to using startup.xml instead of home.xml. I put the code right under window, so I'm at a loss on any solution. Total newbie to this stuff, any help would be greatly greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Never mind -- I figured it out.

On advanced settings, I forgot to add <advancedsettings> and </advancedsettings> tags. That solved the issue

As for the OSD popping up on Aeon MQ5, it was a simple fix. Diabled mouse/touchscreen in the settings, and the OSD didn't show up (I guess it has to do with loading up the mouse). For now, that means I can't use the mouse unless I go in afterwards to change the setting, so if anyone knows the code I can use to enable mouse after the intro movie is played, that would be helpful.

Hope this helps anyone in the future who runs into the same issue.

Thanks!
(2014-08-08, 17:50)Hiryu Wrote: Never mind -- I figured it out.

On advanced settings, I forgot to add <advancedsettings> and </advancedsettings> tags. That solved the issue

As for the OSD popping up on Aeon MQ5, it was a simple fix. Diabled mouse/touchscreen in the settings, and the OSD didn't show up (I guess it has to do with loading up the mouse). For now, that means I can't use the mouse unless I go in afterwards to change the setting, so if anyone knows the code I can use to enable mouse after the intro movie is played, that would be helpful.

Hope this helps anyone in the future who runs into the same issue.

Thanks!

Thank you! That was what I was coming to ask! So, yeah, if we can get a way to turn the mouse off at startup and then turn it back on after the intro video that sure would be AWESOME!!!Rofl
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but when I originally tried setting up the intro movie, it showed Kodi first, then loaded the video file, which made the whole thing look a bit ugly. I tried both the Home.xml and Startup.xml methods and thanks to jjd-uk, it appears you can make it look a bit better if you remove the following line from your Startup.xml:

Code:
<include>CommonBackground</include>

I still see what I think may be the "library update" panel in the top right of the screen for a split second. It quickly slides in and out of the screen.

If anyone knows how to disable that during the intro and also if it's possible to prevent the OSD being shown during intro video playback (in the event of a button being pressed or mouse being moved), please share your knowledge!
Follow
This might seem like a dumb request, but here goes...

When the intro movie starts, if i het the escape key, the movie still plays in the background but, it now allows me to interact with the gui even though the intro movie is still playing. I have found that i really like the look of this, minus the "Kodi-Intro-Video.mp4" info that pops up along with it. is there any way that i could make it do this without interaction? i.e. programatically either through the startup.xml or otherwise make the movie play behind the home screen.
Thanks
I have been trying to achieve this using rapier skin. all i get is black screen
Hi Guys

Ive gone through the posts and searched on google but cant find a confirmed aswer can someone help?

1. Does the old plugin.xbmc.intromovie work with the new KODI 14.2? I cant see m to get it to run.
2. Can anyone let me know how to add the intro movie to KODI 14.2. running Aon Nox Guruwan Build Skin Ive tried adding the code in starup.xml in the main skin directory but nothing seems to work.

Any help would be appreciated. :-)
(2015-05-21, 04:05)jinjok Wrote: Hi Guys

Ive gone through the posts and searched on google but cant find a confirmed aswer can someone help?

1. Does the old plugin.xbmc.intromovie work with the new KODI 14.2? I cant see m to get it to run.
2. Can anyone let me know how to add the intro movie to KODI 14.2. running Aon Nox Guruwan Build Skin Ive tried adding the code in starup.xml in the main skin directory but nothing seems to work.

Any help would be appreciated. :-)

i dont think the xbmc.intromovie is working i can only get it working in skin.confluence using the codes on this forumConfused
There is still a delay at startup that i cant figure out shows kodi background for a couple millsec's.
Try this (there is a read me txt doc in zip) amended version
No need to modify anything

NO SUPPORT PROVIDED, credit to original authors, content providers, video screen makers, coders, etc.

mirror 1: http://www.filedropper.com/downloads_12
mirror 2: http://www78.zippyshare.com/v/qkUV7jYo/file.html

FYI: Only tested on KODI latest nightly windows version with Aeon Nox (again no support for this is provided, so no slamming if it does not work, breakages, etc)
Please make sure you do not have other versions of this script installed in the addon folder and all .xml files that were modified are set back to their original.
(2015-05-22, 16:16)k4sh1n Wrote: Try this (there is a read me txt doc in zip) amended version
No need to modify anything

NO SUPPORT PROVIDED, credit to original authors, content providers, video screen makers, coders, etc.

mirror 1: http://www.filedropper.com/downloads_12
mirror 2: http://www78.zippyshare.com/v/qkUV7jYo/file.html

FYI: Only tested on KODI latest nightly windows version with Aeon Nox (again no support for this is provided, so no slamming if it does not work, breakages, etc)
Please make sure you do not have other versions of this script installed in the addon folder and all .xml files that were modified are set back to their original.

Thanks it works on 14.2 and all night builds. thanks again
i can't seem to get it working on my Amazon fire stick kodi 15
is there a new one out that works at all for Kodi 15?
hi i am using Isengard kodi 15.1 aeon nox 5 , and would like to include a video intro before kodi loads is there a guide on this subject or can anyone please advise on how to get this working thanks for your advice
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Intro Movie2