Some guidance-Please
Smile 
Hello people,

i would like some guidance before trying to delete this .XML info: in SYSTEM>File Manager>A & B Root>Profile Directory when i click open, at the bottom of special:/profile there is 4 settings that contain small amounts of data:

guisettings.xml = 20.07 kB
LCD.xml = 1.54 kB
profiles.xml = 897 B
RssFeeds.xml = 391 B

i would like to know what these are for and if i delete them, what are the consequences? I have read some suggestions that if you delete guisettings.xml, it may improve video buffering issues, since i have tried other suggestions in wiki like audio 16-bit(native-menu) and optical/coax(XBMC) and also turn-off in Video>Playback>sync playback to display off as well as Video>File Lists>Extract thumbnails and video info off also.

I am using a wired connection and have good speed on down and upload and it's not a network problem, so i don't know what else to do but maybe try deleting above .xml info and see if it helps...i am using a LiveTv plug-in Author Mikey1234 Version 1.0.7 that has no buffering issues at all:confused2::confused2: which is strange cuz every time i try to play The Little Mermaid for my daughter from 1channel it buffers on every stream and stops playing, on a strong wired connection...anybody any ideas and guidance would be greatly appreciated since my wife and daughter are getting frustrated with me!!...and i don't know what else to try...also tried ssh into ATV2 and enter reboot several times to rid it of any corruption and it worked for me late last night(the movie worked flawlessly, even FFWD, REW, PAUSE, PLAY without a single hiccup)but they were sleeping(LOL figures), so today i told them i fixed it so we can watch it...and then buffering problem re-appears and stops playback, even with new 11.0 rc-1 update and ssh>reboot several times...please a little help and guidance, just to put a smile on my little angel's face so she can watch this movieSmile...it happens with other random movies also, even in navi-x...by the way whats a urlresolver, and will that help, mostly all the streams are putlocker and sockshare if that helps...thank-you for your time and suggestions:oSmile...BlackPanther
Deleting any of those files is a bad idea. They store your settings.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Deleting those will make XBMC recreate them, but with default values. The reason some people delete those files to fix things is because their .xml files got messed up in one way or another. It's kind of a last resort thing. If you're not having an issue then you shouldn't delete them.
thank-you both very much & all of Team-XBMCSmile...i find when i put the ATV2 to sleep now, the next day when turning it on is when the buffering problems arise, but if i leave it on for the day & overnight, it then seems to work fine, especially after restart Lowtide in nitotv then ssh and reboot, all is well...so excuse my newbness again, but does the system uptime have anything to do with it, since after warming up like an old car(LOL) it works grrreat...

one more thing is i added a tv show to favourites, but now i don't know how to remove it from favourite list??...i highlight intended program to remove then hold down the menu button and get a pop-up asking if i want to add to favourites, although it is already added, there is no message asking to remove from fav. though?? anyhow thanks again guys and sorry for not starting another thread or digging some more regarding this question, as it does not pertain to my original inquiry...peaceSmile...BP
BlackPanther Wrote:thank-you both very much & all of Team-XBMCSmile...i find when i put the ATV2 to sleep now, the next day when turning it on is when the buffering problems arise, but if i leave it on for the day & overnight, it then seems to work fine, especially after restart Lowtide in nitotv then ssh and reboot, all is well...so excuse my newbness again, but does the system uptime have anything to do with it, since after warming up like an old car(LOL) it works grrreat...

one more thing is i added a tv show to favourites, but now i don't know how to remove it from favourite list??...i highlight intended program to remove then hold down the menu button and get a pop-up asking if i want to add to favourites, although it is already added, there is no message asking to remove from fav. though?? anyhow thanks again guys and sorry for not starting another thread or digging some more regarding this question, as it does not pertain to my original inquiry...peaceSmile...BP

I am also having trouble removing duplicate tv shows from my 1channel favorites menu. Any way I can fix that?

Atv2 iOS 4.4.4, atv black, eden 11.0 rc1, 1channel v 0.1.4
Update found on xbmchub: bstrdsmkr was aware of the lack of remove favorites option and has added it to the next version of 1channel, likely to be 0.1.5
thank-you fritzboyleSmile
I was excited when I logged in tonight to see 1 channel updated version 0 1.5 but now I'm getting script errors. I believe from reading the forums I'm going to have to uninstall everything related to 1 channel and reinstall unless someone tells me differently
fritzboyle Wrote:I was excited when I logged in tonight to see 1 channel updated version 0 1.5 but now I'm getting script errors. I believe from reading the forums I'm going to have to uninstall everything related to 1 channel and reinstall unless someone tells me differently

Exactamundo my friendSmile...me too hahaha we are in the same position, but at least we can remove a favourite nowWink...and more than likely 1channel will require another update to fix this or like you said it might be as simple as uninstalling and reinstalling...or maybe first try to check for updates by entering System>settings>addons>get add ons, then go to bstrdmkr repo and hold down menu button for 3 seconds, a pop-up will come up saying check for updates, click on it, then repeat same step and force refresh, you could also do this for all your repos...after this sign out of xbmc and ssh into aptv2 and reboot...if you can't ssh into aptv2 then you could go to nitoTv>Settings>reboot or once you are signed out of xbmc hold down menu and down button for 5 seconds and let go, it will also reboot this way, but i find the best way is to ssh into aptv2 and issue reboot command...wait about 10-15 mins without entering into xbmc...you could hang in the mainmenu for a bit and then re-enter xbmc...i would try this first and see if it helps with the script errors...from what i've read it's supposed to...if not then try and see if uninstalling and reinstalling cures it...if that does not work, my guess it would be something on their end and a new update from bastrdmkr repo may be required...hope this helps fritz, i really love this repo from bstrdmkr too and would highly recommend 1ChannelSmile...and from my experiences, this above method works for most script errors and updating all of your reposSmile...good-luck and happy testing...BlackPanther
I was able to fix my script errors and the favorites all in one action. See details in this xbmchub thread:
http://www.xbmchub.com/oldforums/viewtop...t=20#p9923
fritzboyle Wrote:I was able to fix my script errors and the favorites all in one action. See details in this xbmchub thread:
http://www.xbmchub.com/oldforums/viewtop...t=20#p9923

Very good info fritzboyle regarding 1Channel and their new version...working great now, thank-youSmile...BlackPanther

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some guidance-Please0