XBMC 11.0 Eden: RC 1 available now
FYI, I found my Beta2->Beta3/RC1 with MySQL problem and documented what I did if others have the same problem; http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124210
Same problem as Jabbba, also on ATV2. Have downgraded back to Beta 3 and all back to normal. Will hold fire for a while until bugs are ironed out I think.
torch1 Wrote:Same problem as Jabbba, also on ATV2. Have downgraded back to Beta 3 and all back to normal. Will hold fire for a while until bugs are ironed out I think.

How do you downgraded back? thanks
I used these instructions http://blog.xctechs.com/vlogs/?p=100

You need to SSH

Find the version you want to go back to here: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/atv2/deb/org...mirrorlist

And replace the relevant part with that in the instructions
Also downgraded to beta 3, some minor bugs like no airplay to xbmc funcion on ipad, both on same network. Some sort of like volume notificatie with "DB" written in it while scrolling through tv shows in library.
torch1 Wrote:I used these instructions http://blog.xctechs.com/vlogs/?p=100

You need to SSH

Find the version you want to go back to here: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/atv2/deb/org...mirrorlist

And replace the relevant part with that in the instructions

Hi if i have install xbmc on my atv 2 thru atv flash black can i still go back to an older version using this commands.

thanks
Anyone else noticed that in RC1 sometimes volume control pops-up for no reason?

When entering/leaving TV shows or just browsing XBMC you'll sometimes see volume control indicator for a split second.
On an AppleTV 1, since RC1 it won't find my AFP shares anymore. Nothing shows up under Zeroconf when adding a new share.

EDIT - I was able to get my shares back by rebooting my wireless router, rebooting the ATV1 and redoing the shares.

NOW I get no sound. I have sound until I play a video file, then the sound is gone. Even the sound effects in the UI are gone, even when I quit XBMC there is no sound in the ATV's interface until I play music or a video in the ATV native interface. Then everything is back, even sound effects are back in XBMC until I go again and play a video.
Hello All

Thank you for all your hard work, xbmc is awesome.
But i am having a small problem with RC1.

I am running on Windows 7 x64, and did a fresh install of RC1.

Everything works great, i added my sources ok for film series and music.
Films and music scrape ok but series will not scrape at all.
It just quickly scans for new content but does not find anything.

has anyone had the same problem?
@BrokenSpring

i have the same problem with beta3. That happened when i us e an other skin for scapping and not confluence. With confluence all was fine. I think that has nothing to do, but i installed beta3 3 time again and every time i have the error. After installing a fourth time and using confluence for scan all was fine.

Greets
Eisi
schumi2004 Wrote:Anyone else noticed that in RC1 sometimes volume control pops-up for no reason?

When entering/leaving TV shows or just browsing XBMC you'll sometimes see volume control indicator for a split second.

Yes, I noticed the same. The reason for me was TVTunes, which is set to play back the TV-Tunes at a lower volume.
jabbba Wrote:I have some major issues since installing RC1. Video on my Apple TV is very jerky and HD is unwatchable. What is going on? Similar issues manifested itself on earlier version only if I enabled Audio/Video sync.

I have also am having the same issue. I see there is a workaround on this site, but I have very limited knowledge on how to do this. I have updated via atv black (firecore). So not sure if I can go back with little trouble.
Now with this RC1 on my ATV 2 is completely unwatahable.
I hope a fix is in the process so I can update via firecore.
Someone else posted issues with buffering since RC1 from Beta 3. A site that never buffers for me, HULU was buffering as well as several other sites that were stable before.

OS is Ubuntu 11.10 XBMC running on either the GNOME no effects or the straight XBMC Log-In. (should there be difference? Does the XBMC login use less resources?)

Thanks for a killer HTPC system! Liked it so much, I made 2!
BrokenSpring Wrote:Everything works great, i added my sources ok for film series and music.
Films and music scrape ok but series will not scrape at all.
It just quickly scans for new content but does not find anything.

I'm also encountering this problem on two different Windows 7 (64 bit) systems. The log file shows the scan starting and the scan finishing with no other messages. After some experimentation I discovered the following:

1. Using a SQLLite video database, scraping of TV shows from the local file system works.

2. Using a mySQL video database, scraping of TV shows from the local file system does not work, as described above.

3. Using a mySQL video database, scraping of TV shows from a myth:// source works fine.

Doug
Incredibly happy with performance of RC1 on my cobbled together Linux htpc Smile
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 11.0 Eden: RC 1 available now1