Is SMB necessary
I have been having all sorts of trouble getting my 2 instances of XBMC to work together using MYSql. After reading many many forum threads I keep seeing people talking about sharing thru SMB. Is this necessary. I have one machine that has XBMC, MYSql, and all my media. The drive with the media is shared thru windows and is accessible by the second pc running XBMC. However, after I re-import my library I can no longer "update Library" the notification at the top of the screen just flashes and goes away and nothing gets updated.

the only thing that I am doing that is different form what I am seeing as the standard for this set up is the SMB share. If this is something that is required would somebody mind posting a link or instructions on how to get SMB started as I have no experience working with samba.

thanks in advance
"shared thru windows" = SMB !
Just enter the same UNC Path on your "server" like you did on your second pc.
Oh Wow. I have been doing this all wrong. Thank you so much for your reply. On the "Server" I had been just using the local location, and then on the second pc I mapped a drive and used that local location. No wonder it wasn't working.

thanks again I will set this up tonight.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is SMB necessary0