** RC1 AV Sync Issue ** -> Read me before upgrade
There is an unititialized variable affecting AV sync in the RC1 release. It has been found and corrected per this commit: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/1924...73aa3edb1d

As a workaround please enter this code into your advancedsettings.xml file, stored in your userdata folder. For help finding/using that file on your system please see here and here.

To download a basic advancedsettings.xml correcting this please click here and install per the Wiki links above.

For assistance with using this sync feature please see here.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <video>
    <!-- Compensate display latency (video lag). Latency is given in msecs. -->
    <latency>
      <!-- Global default display latency -->
      <delay>0</delay>
    </latency>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>

Thanks to those users who found the issue and the quick response and fix by bobo1on1.

UPDATE: RC2 is now available for all platforms except Ubuntu, which is expected shortly. The issue above has been corrected in RC2.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Thanks for the quick fix. I was a bit disappointed when I updated and had playback issues. I haven't had an issue post-update since the betas. I updated my advancedsettings.xml as directed and things are back to being awesome, as usual. You devs never cease to amaze me.
Hi...so, just to clarify--if we upgrade now (post-fix) by following the instructions in the wiki (apt-get upgrade), will that fix be included, or do we still need to manually set up the fix afterward? In other words, when will this fix be incorporated into the actual upgrade version (if it hasn't been already)?
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
When RC2 is released it will incorporate the fix so the advancedsettings.xml file is no longer required, yes.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

canadave Wrote:Hi...so, just to clarify--if we upgrade now (post-fix) by following the instructions in the wiki (apt-get upgrade), will that fix be included, or do we still need to manually set up the fix afterward? In other words, when will this fix be incorporated into the actual upgrade version (if it hasn't been already)?

If you pull and build from master git the patch will already be applied and no change to advancedsettings.xml is required. We have posted the workaround for those who cannot build themselves and use the pre-built binaries (installers) posted on the XBMC download page and mirrors.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Download for the xml file is not working. Giving me a message from mediafire "There was a problem with your download"

Update: Nevermind...worked after 10+ tries.
Thanks for the (temporary) fix, works like a charm! Smile
In the rc3 installer, you should run a check for if: the users advancedsettings MD5 matches the one for download here, delete it. Else: remove those lines from it, or something like that.
Does no harm that it's there, but still cleaner to remove it, for all those people who don't know what it's for, and who will just forget about it.

Just a thought.

Anyways, Thanks for the quick fix and for another great update to XBMC
------------------------------------------------
-AMD A8-3870k APU @ 3.0GHz - Quad w. Radeon 6550D
-8Gb OCZ Vengeance 1866 MHz DDR3
-OCZ Agility 3 SSD - 90Gb
-Antec Remote Black +2x Akasa Apache Black @ 10dba
-Windows 8 x64 w/XBMC monthly/beta & MySQL
-OUYA
-Onkyo TX-NR609 AV Reciever
By the time we do that RC2 will be out.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

thanks very much..fix the problem..also did RC1 update fix the buffing problem?
Hi i just added the xml file on my atv 2 and now the video lag is better but navi-x don't want to work for me any ideas why.

thanks
atlkidz Wrote:thanks very much..fix the problem..also did RC1 update fix the buffing problem?

Now you want XBMC to wash your car for you, too?? Rofl

(I kid, of course)
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
fairlaidy Wrote:Hi i just added the xml file on my atv 2 and now the video lag is better but navi-x don't want to work for me any ideas why.

thanks

Assuming you added correctly it should not affect navi-x in any way.
I'm having same problem. Navi-X isn't working after XBMC update.....Any ideaHuh
Raspberry Pi-B with Raspbmc
i5 iMac 21.5"
Macbook Pro
LG PA75U Projector with 113" DIY screen
iPhone 5S/Kodi
Denon AVR S500BT with Klipsch Reference series 5.1 setup
Amazon Fire TV with SPMC
Asus M004U (Coming Soon)

freak1 Wrote:I'm having same problem. Navi-X isn't working after XBMC update.....Any ideaHuh

Sounding like a new issue - can someone get a debug log please?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
** RC1 AV Sync Issue ** -> Read me before upgrade0