** RC1 AV Sync Issue ** -> Read me before upgrade
DDDamian Wrote:Sounding like a new issue - can someone get a debug log please?

RC1 here and can run navi x with no issues:o
I am running a clean install of RC1 on Windows 7... I am unable to scrape any data for TV Shows and not able to install any addons or skin.. Download of addons completes successfully but installation fails. Sad
~Web and graphic designer... Linux enthusiast... Python Fan... A Gooner~
[AMD A10-7850K 3.7 Ghz, Radeon R7]
[Fedora 27] | [Kodi - 17.6 / Skin - Grid]

navi-x server is down..not rc1 update fault..u can check xbmchub for more info
atlkidz Wrote:navi-x server is down..not rc1 update fault..u can check xbmchub for more info

thanks for the info at least i know is not rc1 making this issue.
Not completely fixed for me Sad

I've added the Video latency delay and now the videos start in sync, but if I skip forward or back the audio is out of sync again.

While they devs look into this, how do I wget Beta 3 again?

UPDATE:
Never mind Found it - anybpdy else want to roll back, Paste below SSH (Download,install,remove download image,reboot)

Code:
wget http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/atv2/deb/org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-0~b3_iphoneos-arm.deb
dpkg -i org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-0~b3_iphoneos-arm.deb
rm org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-0~b3_iphoneos-arm.deb
reboot

HTH - Mike
DDDamian Wrote:There is an unititialized variable affecting AV sync in the RC1 release. It has been found and corrected per this commit: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/1924...73aa3edb1d

As a workaround please enter this code into your advancedsettings.xml file, stored in your userdata folder. For help finding/using that file on your system please see here and here.

To download a basic advancedsettings.xml correcting this please click here and install per the Wiki links above.

For assistance with using this sync feature please see here.

Code:
<video>
    <!-- Compensate display latency (video lag). Latency is given in msecs. -->
    <latency>

<!-- Global default display latency -->
      <delay>0</delay>
    </latency>

</video>

Thanks to those users who found the issue and the quick response and fix by bobo1on1.

Unfortunately there does not seem to be any consistency with this fix for me. i added the advancedsettings.xml via winscp. Rebooted the atv2. Any stream I then attempt to play (1channel / watchseries etc) worked fine with everything in sync. i will then power the atv up the next time i want to use it and the lag comes back (even when I have not touched the advancedsettings xml again )

any ideas as its driving me insnane heh, I have just cloned around 10 atv2s last night for family and friends and now im guessing they are all going to have the same intermittent issues..

Also How do I go about installing from the master git? Can I do this via putty?

Thanks in advance Smile
jimmymcmahon Wrote:Unfortunately there does not seem to be any consistency with this fix for me. i added the advancedsettings.xml via winscp. Rebooted the atv2. Any stream I then attempt to play (1channel / watchseries etc) worked fine with everything in sync. i will then power the atv up the next time i want to use it and the lag comes back (even when I have not touched the advancedsettings xml again )

any ideas as its driving me insnane heh, I have just cloned around 10 atv2s last night for family and friends and now im guessing they are all going to have the same intermittent issues..

Also How do I go about installing from the master git? Can I do this via putty?

Thanks in advance Smile

Can you view your log to see that the advancedsettings file is being loaded correctly?

For compiling your own version see the Wiki HOW-TOs.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
21:00:38 T:104886272 NOTICE: Loading player core factory settings from special://masterprofile/playercorefactory.xml.
21:00:38 T:104886272 NOTICE: special://masterprofile/playercorefactory.xml does not exist. Skipping.
21:00:38 T:104886272 NOTICE: No settings file to load (special://xbmc/system/advancedsettings.xml)
21:00:38 T:104886272 ERROR: Error loading special://profile/advancedsettings.xml, no <advancedsettings> node

i can see this within my log mate.
my advancedsettings file is within the ....XBMC/userdata folder on the atv2

yet the path it appears to be looking on in the log above is /xbmc/system/ ?Wink
jimmymcmahon Wrote:21:00:38 T:104886272 NOTICE: Loading player core factory settings from special://masterprofile/playercorefactory.xml.
21:00:38 T:104886272 NOTICE: special://masterprofile/playercorefactory.xml does not exist. Skipping.
21:00:38 T:104886272 NOTICE: No settings file to load (special://xbmc/system/advancedsettings.xml)
21:00:38 T:104886272 ERROR: Error loading special://profile/advancedsettings.xml, no <advancedsettings> node

i can see this within my log mate.
my advancedsettings file is within the ....XBMC/userdata folder on the atv2

yet the path it appears to be looking on in the log above is /xbmc/system/ ?Wink

Your file appears to be missing the opening <advancedsettings> tag - can you check that it's all there correct within the file? The code snippet in my link is to add to an existing advancedsettings file - click the provided link in the first post to download a complete one.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
DDDamian Wrote:Your file appears to be missing the opening <advancedsettings> tag - can you check that it's all there correct within the file? The code snippet in my link is to add to an existing advancedsettings file - click the provided link in the first post to download a complete one.

dude, i am an absolute numptie ! haha

I apologise for wasting your time, I stupidly just copied your extract and did not download the xml (mediafire) you posted.

You were quite right, my <advancedsettings> was missing and the file started with <video>.

Have since replaced the file and I can see all is well Smile

Thanks mate

21:54:56 T:115335168 NOTICE: Loaded settings file from special://profile/advancedsettings.xml
21:54:56 T:115335168 NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
<! Note: basic settings for zeroing global audio delay >
<! Please merge with your existing advancedsettings.xml >
<! if you currently use other settings or ignore if >
<! you have other settings specific to this feature >
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<!-- Compensate display latency (video lag). Latency is given in msecs. -->
<latency>
<!-- Global default display latency -->
<delay>0</delay>
</latency>
</video>
</advancedsettings>
@jimmymcmahon - glad to help man - you're not wasting anyone's time - enjoy the show Smile
atlkidz Wrote:thanks very much..fix the problem..also did RC1 update fix the buffing problem?

canadave Wrote:Now you want XBMC to wash your car for you, too?? Rofl

(I kid, of course)

First post on the forums for me.

Sorry if this might sound like a stupid question - but are you guys referring to the stuttering problem when adding sources through SMB from, say an OSX device (i.e. time capsule or other mac device that isnt really fond of SMB but instead NFS).

If so this is a major fix that I've been waiting eagerly for Big Grin

Oh and thank you A LOT for XBMC and the huge work you guys put into it!
Mike Pisano Wrote:UPDATE:
Never mind Found it - anybpdy else want to roll back, Paste below SSH (Download,install,remove download image,reboot)

Code:
wget http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/atv2/deb/org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-0~b3_iphoneos-arm.deb
dpkg -i org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-0~b3_iphoneos-arm.deb
rm org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-0~b3_iphoneos-arm.deb
reboot

HTH - Mike

can anyone let me know how is this done do i just ssh to the atv and copy paste this code?

thanks I'm just new at this:confused2:
RC2 is getting ready to roll out - a quick release to cover some of the overall sync issues this thread covers as well as some specific to ATV1,
fairlaidy Wrote:can anyone let me know how is this done do i just ssh to the atv and copy paste this code?

thanks I'm just new at this:confused2:

yes, ssh into your atv2 using root and alpine,

then copy and paste each line individually and hit enter after pasting each line. make sure you give each line time to finish what it's doing before pasting the next line and hitting enter. don't paste all 4 lines together at once.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
** RC1 AV Sync Issue ** -> Read me before upgrade0