** RC1 AV Sync Issue ** -> Read me before upgrade
DDDamian Wrote:RC2 is getting ready to roll out - a quick release to cover some of the overall sync issues this thread covers as well as some specific to ATV1,

wow thats quick indeed waiting with baited breath!
Mike Pisano Wrote:Not completely fixed for me Sad

I've added the Video latency delay and now the videos start in sync, but if I skip forward or back the audio is out of sync again.

While they devs look into this, how do I wget Beta 3 again?

UPDATE:
Never mind Found it - anybpdy else want to roll back, Paste below SSH (Download,install,remove download image,reboot)

Code:
wget http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/atv2/deb/org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-0~b3_iphoneos-arm.deb
dpkg -i org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-0~b3_iphoneos-arm.deb
rm org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-0~b3_iphoneos-arm.deb
reboot

HTH - Mike

Another update for any of the devs looking into this.
I believe there is a second issue here.

When this issue surfaced in RC1 I tried using the delay slider in the GUI, but failed to get sync since the value needed was > -15 sec.
After I put the Delay value in the XML file, the video did start correctly, but then went out of sync after skipping forward or back.
I then rolled back to b3 and removed the XML setting and the videos I was testing with worked again, but I noticed last night that after skipping in b3, I was still out of sync again.
What I didn't realize is that the delay slider in the GUI is saved in the database. So I think the second bug is that when XBMC begins playing it dosen't use the prior saved delay, and after a skip it uses it. That explains why both B3 and RC1 with XML start correctly and then mess up after skipping. Reality is, both versions should still start playing out of sync with a -15 saved delay from the GUI.

Im gonna try rolling forward again on one ATV2 and confirm.
bigdogeh Wrote:yes, ssh into your atv2 using root and alpine,

then copy and paste each line individually and hit enter after pasting each line. make sure you give each line time to finish what it's doing before pasting the next line and hitting enter. don't paste all 4 lines together at once.

thanks you, one more question when rc2 comes out do i have to delete the xml file before doing so.
If all you have is the advancedsettings.xml file as described in this thread, then no, you don't need to delete it. It won't matter if you do, however. All it does is sets up the default value that XBMC would use if the file isn't there (the bug was that the default value wasn't initialised in RC1 - RC2 initialises it to zero, same as the XML in this thread).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:If all you have is the advancedsettings.xml file as described in this thread, then no, you don't need to delete it. It won't matter if you do, however. All it does is sets up the default value that XBMC would use if the file isn't there (the bug was that the default value wasn't initialised in RC1 - RC2 initialises it to zero, same as the XML in this thread).

thank you
I copied the text, didn't have an advancedsettings.xml file, so created it and pasted the text in there...

Didn't work...

If you don't already have an advancedsettings.xml file, then the "fix" doesn't work unless you add and enclose it inside the <advancedsettings> tags.

Below is the correct code for people who don't have an existing advancedsettings.xml file.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
    <!-- Compensate display latency (video lag). Latency is given in msecs. -->
    <latency>

<!-- Global default display latency -->
      <delay>0</delay>
    </latency>

</video>

</advancedsettings>

nm... looks like triple-D's fixed the original post for those of us who can click and try, faster than we can read.
Thanx. Quick fix worked no problem. the playback issue caught me by surprise as well. You guys are overworked and under appreciated.
XBMC (11.0-RC2 Git:20120229-f38655f), Platform: Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 5.0.1 (Build 9A406a)). Built on Mar 1 2012
Please read the first post carefully - there is a link there to just download a ready-made file if you don't have any existing settings, and it works out of the box.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
The advancedsettings.xml fixed worked fine on RC1, on RC2 however it seems like I have the same problem again. Less so than on stock RC1, but still there
errornumber419 Wrote:The advancedsettings.xml fixed worked fine on RC1, on RC2 however it seems like I have the same problem again. Less so than on stock RC1, but still there

Now you have the option to actually use the patch that caused the glitch - search forum for a large thread using [Patch] Global AV Delay for details on how to use it!
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
I am on RC2!

I am on XBMCbuntu with an ati card directly plugged into my tv via hdmi no av system and am trying to understand what is going on.

I had no issue on sync in beta 3.

Is it that in RC2 there is a new patch which is autocalculating a a delay it thinks there should be and that I need to say to xbmc actually, you dont need to do anything by entering this in advanced settings:

<video>
<latency>

<delay>0</delay>
</latency>

</video>
Edited to add that I am on RC2 and this is happening.
I added this:
<video>
<latency>

<delay>0</delay>
</latency>

</video>

same, but I have noticed it is happening on ac3 sound and not mp3 sound.
What do I need to do? Please help.
You should not have to explicitly enter anything in RC2 if you dont' experience global delays or delays based on movie fps. RC1 required some entry, RC2 doesn't.

A delay in a specific codec e.g. AC3 is most likely due to your receiver/TV processing times, and is adjustable for using the standard in-movie delay accessed by the OSD, audio pop-up.
I think its an issue that I have just not noticed before.

Interestingly it stays in sync if I dont use the auto refresh rate changer on both ac3 and mp3. The delay I need to set seems to be -200 on the problem files. (ac3)

The headache I have now is that I have hundreds of kids tv shows in 24p some with ac3 and some with mp3 and the kids cant manage the offset by themselves.

How do people get round this? I suppose I could leave the auto refresh off but then my smooth playback goes out the window.

Can a delay be set for a specific series/season?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
** RC1 AV Sync Issue ** -> Read me before upgrade0