Advice on Silent PSU
Hi,

I current have one of these cases :

Envizage MTX-003B Black Mini ITX Case with 300W PSU

The problem is the psu fan is very noisy. Can anyone suggest a new fan for this psu or even better a new itx psu which is silent.

Thanks
I would suggest considering a pisoPSU or a similar power supply.
HTPC: Win 7 Home 64-bit | MB | CPU | GPU | RAM | Case | PSU | Tuner | HDDs: OS, Media | DVD Burner | Remote
Media server: unraid 4.7 | CPU | MB | RAM | Case | PSU | HDDs: Parity-2TB, Data-2x2TB
EDIT: I am talking crap, yeah pico as long as your power draw at full load is less than 90W. Buy from official stockist - there are not many of them. I have a similar issue with my Microserver as the PSU is like a turbo.
baldmosher™
Trying to save his marriage with a HTPC
Current system: TV unit, 37PFL5405H, Microserver N40L (as HTPC), Xbox360, BDP-S370, FoxsatHD, Azur 540Rv2, Keysonic 540RF, Harmony 300
Planned W7x64 AMD mATX (HT)PC build: Case, PSU, RAM, Mobo, CPU Total £240 + IR + HSF? + SSD?
MrTourettes Wrote:Hi,

I current have one of these cases :

Envizage MTX-003B Black Mini ITX Case with 300W PSU

The problem is the psu fan is very noisy. Can anyone suggest a new fan for this psu or even better a new itx psu which is silent.

Thanks
What is the fan spec?
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
what's wrong with pico at 160w?
pisoPSU
I've ordered a PSU for my m350 / DH61AG intel board that's 160W... Is there anything bad with it being over 90W? Was the only compatible adapter at mini-box...
No issues at all, it's just costlier. 90W is more than enough for almost any ITX system and all the picoPSUs can only deal with 65W TDP CPUs max.

Not so absolute for ATX systems... e.g. if you have a few HDDs installed you might need a bigger power pico. You will probably also need an ATX adapter if you're installing in an micro/full ATX board.
baldmosher™
Trying to save his marriage with a HTPC
Current system: TV unit, 37PFL5405H, Microserver N40L (as HTPC), Xbox360, BDP-S370, FoxsatHD, Azur 540Rv2, Keysonic 540RF, Harmony 300
Planned W7x64 AMD mATX (HT)PC build: Case, PSU, RAM, Mobo, CPU Total £240 + IR + HSF? + SSD?
How do you know what PSU OP needs without knowing his HTPC spec? What if he have AMD A8-3850 with AMD HD6570 (crossfire)? Just a thought! Huh
Touché!
Thanks for all advice guys.

I have an A6 3500, asrock a75m-itx, and a single ssd.

I think I will go for the 120w picoPSU Smile
MrTourettes Wrote:Thanks for all advice guys.

I have an A6 3500, asrock a75m-itx, and a single ssd.

I think I will go for the 120w picoPSU Smile
The 120w or the 90w pico should be fine for A6-3500 APU!
The PicoPsu 120w turned up today.. Damn its good. Very small and well.. 100% quiet. I would recommend this to anyone.

Just as a note to those who are going to purchase one.. Go for the bundle where you get the power supply with it. Also make sure you order a molex to P4 adapter also. I forgot to order one so had to make one up.
MrTourettes Wrote:make sure you order a molex to P4 adapter also.

thats exactly what i suggest in my HTPC guide Tongue

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119920

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advice on Silent PSU0