Sleep
Is one of you guys able to compile for osx? ^^
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I've got XCode installed if you've got the instructions here somehwere.
Here we go.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30371861/XBMC-allowsuspend.dmg

This is a test build. Set the shutdown action to "allow suspend" and test the hell out of it. This should release the assertion after the shutdown timer is done. It also releases the assertion when in windowed mode.

Don't report any issues with this build. Its a "dirty" test build. PVR Addons don't work there so don't wonder.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Awesome. Downloading it and installing it now!
FYI, so far it's working fine with no issues.
Working for me too.
didn't test THAT extensively though...
Image Image
Did I Help? Add to my reputation
Been looking for a solution for this problem for days! So glad I found this thread and can confirm the posted build works exactly like I wanted it to.

I use XBMC as the client on my living room tv, because I feel it outshines Plex in Addons, Skins and overall interface. But; I use Plex Media Server to stream to my iPad and iPhone. When my Mac Mini is sleeping and get's woken up for Plex streaming, it would never suspend again, because XBMC runs as fullscreen client.

This custom build with "Allow Suspend" is awesome and puts my Mini back to bed after Plex is done with it's job, while keeping XBMC running fullscreen! I'm using this build until this option is present by default. Is this ever getting into the stable releases?
V13 maybe 12.1

follow

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1653
Memphiz, thanks very much for doing this;
makes a lot of sense and will allow xbmc to
play nicer with the rest of the system.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
(2013-01-07, 19:25)Memphiz Wrote: V13 maybe 12.1

follow

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1653
Awesome! Thanks for your efforts!
Just noticed that the build you posted a page earlier doesn't seem to work anymore. It worked fine just yesterday, but after a restart, it doesn't go to sleep anymore. It looks like the Allow Suspend function does not release the "coreaudiod" assertion XBMC creates.

pmset -g assertions prints out this:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Assertion status system-wide:
PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep 1
CPUBoundAssertion 0
PreventSystemSleep 0
PreventUserIdleSystemSleep 1
ExternalMedia 0
UserIsActive 0
ApplePushServiceTask 0
BackgroundTask 0

Listed by owning process:
pid 135(coreaudiod): [0x0000000100000196] 00:54:55 NoIdleSleepAssertion named: "com.apple.audio.'AppleHDAEngineOutputDP:1B,3,1,2:0:{CB3D-0B33-00000000}'.noidlesleep"
pid 135(coreaudiod): [0x0000000500000197] 00:54:55 NoDisplaySleepAssertion named: "com.apple.audio.'AppleHDAEngineOutputDP:1B,3,1,2:0:{CB3D-0B33-00000000}'.nodisplaysleep"
pid 17(powerd): [0x00000001000001d5] 00:00:01 PreventUserIdleSystemSleep named: "com.apple.powermanagement.ttyassertion"
Details: /dev/ttys000
Localized=A remote user is connected. That prevents system sleep.

Kernel Assertions: None

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "com.apple.powermanagement.ttyassertion" assertion is me using ssh...
To add; until this gets added to XBMC standard, here's a little (hacky) workaround;

- Set XBMC's Power settings to Quit after x minutes
- Set OSX's Power Settings to Sleep after x minutes

The machine will now sleep after XBMC's and OSX's timers run out. To autostart XBMC when you wake the machine, download Scenario (available in the OSX App Store; https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/scenario...mpt=uo%3D4). This App can add a script to be executed when the machine get's woken up. Just create a small script like

Code:
tell application "XBMC" to activate

and configure Scenario to run it when the machine wakes. XBMC now automagically opens on wake.

Until there's a pure XBMC solution, this is a pretty decent fix. Mini goes to sleep, if OSX let's it, and XBMC auto starts at wake.
Any osx updates latly? Cause we don't hold an active coreaudio assertion tbh. It sounds unlogical to me that it stopped working from here to now without changing the xbmc version.
Maybe it's the specific build you posted on the previous page that holds the coreaudio assertion? I tested the build with OSX 10.8.2, which is the latest version as far as I know.
no coreaudio assertions hold on 10.6.8...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sleep0