Sleep
I'm trying the build you posted on my MBP right now. It's on 10.8.2 as well...

EDIT, Testresults;

After launching XBMC (Allow Suspend build, Fullscreen)
Code:
10-01-13 20:17:51 CET    
Assertion status system-wide:
   PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep    1
   CPUBoundAssertion               0
   PreventSystemSleep             0
   PreventUserIdleSystemSleep     1
   ExternalMedia                  0
   UserIsActive                   0
   ApplePushServiceTask           0
   BackgroundTask                 0

Listed by owning process:
  pid 420(coreaudiod): [0x0000000100001a0f] 00:00:07 NoIdleSleepAssertion named: "com.apple.audio.'AppleHDAEngineOutput:8,0,1,2:0'.noidlesleep"
  pid 35195(XBMC): [0x0000000500001a10] 00:00:07 NoDisplaySleepAssertion named: "XBMC requested disable system screen saver"

Kernel Assertions: None

After the "Allow Suspend" timer runs out
Code:
10-01-13 20:20:37 CET    
Assertion status system-wide:
   PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep    0
   CPUBoundAssertion              0
   PreventSystemSleep             0
   PreventUserIdleSystemSleep     1
   ExternalMedia                  0
   UserIsActive                   0
   ApplePushServiceTask           0
   BackgroundTask                 0

Listed by owning process:
  pid 420(coreaudiod): [0x0000000100001a0f] 00:02:53 NoIdleSleepAssertion named: "com.apple.audio.'AppleHDAEngineOutput:8,0,1,2:0'.noidlesleep"

Kernel Assertions: None
Im having the same issue so good to see people are looking into it Smile Hope to see something in the next XBMC RC
(2013-01-12, 22:45)Stevenlr Wrote: Im having the same issue so good to see people are looking into it Smile Hope to see something in the next XBMC RC

+ 1

On my setup, even in windowed mode, XBMC seems to prevent system sleep by causing coreaudiod to assert PreventUserIdleSystemSleep.

From "pmset -g assertions":
pid 272: [0x00000110012c0041] PreventUserIdleSystemSleep named: "com.apple.audio.'AppleHDAEngineOutput:8,0,1,2:0'.noidlesleep"
where pid 272 -> coreaudiod

When XBMC is not running, PreventUserIdleSystemSleep is no longer asserted.

When XBMC is running, coreaudiod is using 0.8% cpu and 4 threads(even when no audio can be heard when idling on the home menu). After XBMC is made to exit coreaudiod is using 0.0% cpu and 3 threads.

Letting XBMC idle for longer than the Shutdown timer setting (with suspend selected for the Shutdown function) doesn't change anything: PreventUserIdleSystemSleep remains asserted. From the above discussion, I would have expected otherwise.

XBMC 12.0-RC3 Git:20130107-495ad53 on Lion 10.7.5.

-- dgktkr

Edit:

Adding

<advancedsettings>
<audio>
<streamsilence>0</streamsilence>
</audio>
</advancedsettings>

to userdata/advancedsettings.xml didn't resolve the issue.
Hope to see something in the next XBMC RC, too
(2013-01-14, 10:51)NewFolk Wrote: Hope to see something in the next XBMC RC, too

I second that!

I'm using my mac mini with XBMC and iTunes. Both remote controlled from an iPad (Remote Apps: XBMC Commander and iTunes Remote). For my multiroom-system I have a 2nd audiointerface (USB-Audio) connected to my mac mini.

So XBMC and iTunes can be active at the same time. For example XBMC is playing a movie in the living room and iTunes plays Music in the kitchen.

When ever the movie is finished and XBMC goes to sleep, it stops the playback in the kitchen.

Can't wait to have "go to suspend" in XBMC.

gf4
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30371861/XBMC-a...spend2.dmg - should fix assertion hold by coreaudiod on 10.7.x and newer - you need to add the following to your advancedsettings.xml for 10.7.x and newer:

http://pastebin.com/HFk7zdPB
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I'm a little confused. I'm still using 10.6.8.
Is it sufficient to just add the that line?
<audio><streamsilence>0</streamsilence></audio>

on 10.6.8 the coreaudiod doesn't hold an assertion - you don't need to add anything to advancedsettings.xml for allowing suspend with this build. You should read the whole thread maybe.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Just tried what you said above, no change for me Sad
stevenlr post debug.log (wiki) - i'm not even sure anymore if everyone here in this thread is talking about the same thing tbh.

I was talking about the feature of activating the shutdown timer with the shutdown target "allow suspend" and then leaving XBMC running in fullscreen.

While xbmc is running you can see in the terminal via "pmset -g assertions" that xbmc is holding assertions in the powermanagement which prevents the os from going to sleep. (on osx 10.6.x its only 1 assertion hold from xbmc - on osx 10.7.x and later its 2 assertions - 1 from xbmc and the other from coreaudiod).

On 10.6.x:
- after the shutdowntimer run out (e.x. 5 mins) - pmset -g assertions should not show any assertion from xbmc anymore and the os should be able to sleep the computer if setup that way (only if no other applications are preventing it by holding assertions).

On 10.7.x:
if streamsilence = 0 is enabled in the advancedsettings.xml

- after 10 secs of idle the coreaudiod assertion will vanish
- after the shutdowntimer run out the xbmc assertion will vanish
- same as with 10.6.x from here on - os is allowed to sleep if its setup that way and no other application is preventing it.

Hope we are now having the same base on any further debugging/testing/blahblah Wink
Thank you for clearing things up! Smile
Yeah it seems i was thinking different to what was going on here! But after reading through, using the suspend option does work.

However, my setup is i have 2 screens, main screen for browsing and second screen for XBMC.
After the shutdown action suspend is complete and my displays go to sleep using the power saving option on Mac, upon return XBMC moves to the 1st screen rather than resuming on the 2nd.

Any ideas?
xbmc.log (wiki)
(2013-01-18, 16:30)Memphiz Wrote: xbmc.log (wiki)

xbmc.log
That log is incomplete. (i need the full log incl. header and startup).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sleep0