[TUTORIAL] Install earlier version of XBMC
So, you've keenly upgraded to the latest version of XBMC on your ATV2 only to find that the latest version has a deal breaking bug.

Here's how to revert to a previous version:

1. Exit XBMC on the ATV2
  2. On your computer, go to XBMC's repo's deb folder.
    Code:
    http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/atv2/deb/
  3. Download the last version that worked. (usually the first one later than the newest, the page has time stamps)
  4. Using an SFTP program (I am using WinSCP on Windows) copy the file to your ATV2)
  5. Using an SSH terminal, (I am using PuTTY on Windows) log into your ATV2, and NAVIGATE the file system to the location that you transferred the file to.
  6. Enter the following command (where [File Name] is the full filename of the .deb file downloaded:
    Code:
    dpkg -i [File Name]

Note: WinSCP & PuTTY both point to the same location when it first logs into the ATV2.

In the current case of RC1 having the audio sync issue, the file that you want to download is:

org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-0~b3_iphoneos-arm.deb

and the command to re-install it is:
Code:
dpkg -i org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-0~b3_iphoneos-arm.deb
I decided to install ATV flashblack tonight not realizing that XBMC had been updated to a new version. I already had XBMC installed on the apple tv with Beta 3 and it was working great.
Once it updated to the latest version, Navi-x will not work. I am trying to revert back to beta 3.

I followed the guidelines above, but I am getting this message:
Quote:error processing org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-0~b3_iphoneos-arm.deb (--install):
cannot access archive: No such file or directory
Errors were encountered while processing:
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-0~b3_iphoneos-arm.deb

What am I missing? Want beta 3 back bad Big Grin

Thanks
Audio sync has a temp fix without having to downgrade: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124185
tider37 Wrote:I decided to install ATV flashblack tonight not realizing that XBMC had been updated to a new version. I already had XBMC installed on the apple tv with Beta 3 and it was working great.
Once it updated to the latest version, Navi-x will not work. I am trying to revert back to beta 3.

I followed the guidelines above, but I am getting this message:

What am I missing? Want beta 3 back bad Big Grin

Thanks

The .deb file for beta 3 isn't in the directory you're running the dpkg command in. If you run "ls *.deb" before running the dpkg command it'll show you what's in that dir.
It turns out it just happened to be a freak thing. The Navi-x server went down around the same time that I added ATV flashblack. I uninstalled ATV flashblack,(thinking that was the cause) but it still wasn't working. I didn't know the server was down when I wrote the post. Everything is great now once the server is back up.
Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[TUTORIAL] Install earlier version of XBMC0