MP4/M4V Not Playing
Well I recently began having problems playing these videos but everything else (AVI, ISO, etc) seems to play without problem. These ones are supposed to be most compatible are the ones that keep stopping and going back to the movie listing page in XBMC. It was going all the way back out to ATV2 menu but now it doesn't exit XBMC. It simply freezes after a few minutes of playing. This started recently after an update to Eden Beta 3 and has continued even though updated to Eden RC1.

Some of these files were converted with HandBrake using Apple TV 2 preset.

This is extremely frustrating as i can't watch some of these movies at all.

I hope I've included enough information

Apple TV 2: iOS 4.3

XBMC: 11.0 RC1

Media: Freezing (I think that's the right terminology) M4V, MP4

XBMC Log: http://pastebin.com/xQxQEaeF

I tried doing the syslog but it won't let me copy and paste it.

Thanks for the help. I'm hoping for some resolution quickly.

Ryan
I forgot to mention that the video files are h.264 encoded at 720p.

Also should be noted that my files are accessed wirelessly on an unraid server using SMB.

Thanks.
Ryan
looks like clean exit in xbmc.log
rctedrick Wrote:Well I recently began having problems playing these videos but everything else (AVI, ISO, etc) seems to play without problem. These ones are supposed to be most compatible are the ones that keep stopping and going back to the movie listing page in XBMC. It was going all the way back out to ATV2 menu but now it doesn't exit XBMC. It simply freezes after a few minutes of playing. This started recently after an update to Eden Beta 3 and has continued even though updated to Eden RC1.

Apple TV 2: iOS 4.3
XBMC: 11.0 RC1
Media: Freezing (I think that's the right terminology) M4V, MP4

XBMC Log: http://pastebin.com/xQxQEaeF

I tried doing the syslog but it won't let me copy and paste it.

Thanks for the help. I'm hoping for some resolution quickly.

Here's a few random thoughts...

- your root passwd is in the logs you posted so you might want to change it after you put any logs on pastebin
- others are seeing similar errors, seems the atv2 doesn't get a response from the network device sharing a file so stops playing and/or freezes
Code:
16:17:51 T:161361920 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
16:18:39 T:114442240   ERROR: Read - Error( -1, 60, Operation timed out )
- technically doesn't look like an issue with XBMC, looks like the NAS device or network, but there's been several similar reports lately, people swear it wasn't an issue in earlier builds but the devs aren't aware of any relevant changes... hard to say if the recent and similar reports are just a coincidence or if there's an actual issue with XBMC
- we're all frustrated with all our problems and are hoping for quick resolution, so it goes without saying
- syslog can be transferred to your computer with Cyberduck, from there you should be able to copy/paste to pastebin
- best way to speed up resolution of the problem is to try and narrow down the issue as much as possible so it's easily reproduced, try to identify a file it happens on consistently > then post the output of "mediainfo" for that file, then close XBMC > clean out xbmc.log > start XBMC > turn on debug logging > play the file in question (hopefully it'll stop playing) > turn off debug > exit XBMC > paste log to pastebin (it should be pretty clean and easy to see any issues)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MP4/M4V Not Playing0