TV Headend Freesat UK Channels
I used the astra 28.2e location scan, are there any others I should use to pick up decent free channels extra to that would be on a standard freesat box?

When scanned and I click the map channels to services button only a small number get automatically mapped, is this normal? I am manually typing the name into the channels not mapped automaticall yis this correct?

Also, I see people on here saying they are happy to get rid of their sky subs etc, I was wondering though presumably that means you are happy for free content and think that the sky1 paid channels etc aren't worth it?
Whether they're worth it or not is a matter of personal opinion.
True.

Any ideas on the channel mapping "issue"?
Define "small number" - there aren't as many channels available for free vs. subscription. You may have a very large number of channels listed under Configuration -> TV Adapters -> Services - but many of those will be encrypted. Check out the list from http://www.freesat.co.uk/what-you-get/our-channels - that is the minimum you should receive. There will be additional channels found which aren't on the Freesat EPG but are not encrypted.
Is there some way I can tell is scrambled within the services tab?
I don't think so - when you map services to channels it'll try and tune and fail if it's encrypted.
When I booted up the muxes from last night had all gone so I deleted all the channels and added the freq manually then deleted mux frequencies as according to

http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

Then mapped channels and have what looks like all of the freesat channels now.
Not sure if I needed to delete the muxes, mapping channels should only bring across the free ones and leave the sky ones unallocated and out of the channels tab?

I have a freeview and dvbs, when I map channels do the likes of BBC1 on freeview & freesat automaticall get combined as they dont seem to appear twice in the channels tab?
bilbonvidia Wrote:I have a freeview and dvbs, when I map channels do the likes of BBC1 on freeview & freesat automaticall get combined as they dont seem to appear twice in the channels tab?

No because the names for most channels are slightly different. You need to use the merge button on the channels tab to do it manually. ( I have the same setup at you, + astra 19.2e)

Well unless you are manually naming them that is :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Headend Freesat UK Channels0