[AppleTV2] [Eden Beta 3] - XBMC crashes when video paused more than ~30 seconds
sorry if this is a dupe, i'm trying my best to follow HOW-TO:Submit_a_proper_bug_report. this is my first post.

anyway, i have an ATV2 running Eden beta 3. all of my media is accessed through an AFP share (hard drive connected to my airport extreme). i haven't experienced this issue when watching videos that i've copied to the atv internal flash storage, but then again, i started using AFP and my network drive around the same time that i upgraded to eden so i guess i can't pinpoint the exact source of the issue.

when i pause a video for longer than ~30 seconds, i can resume it for about 15 seconds, then XBMC crashes and i get kicked to the ATV/frontrow main screen (Movies/TV Shows/nitoTV/etc).

as i said, this i my first post. i've included the log file below. please let me know if there is anything else i need to post, i'll do that straightaway.

crash log was too long to post, so i uploaded it here
known issue with Airport extreme + HDD. See:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=123622
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=121154

no fix/solution yet, neither an exact idea what the real problem is.
cool, thanks! i'll try using samba.
thanks again for those links, rstockm.

upgraded from eden beta 3 to eden rc2; problem persisted as described.

then i switched my media source from afp to samba... no skin off my nose. the airport extreme sets up both afp and smb when you share a drive connected to it's usb port. same username and password and everything.

i haven't put it through a battery of tests or anything, but in my day-to-day usage everything is working as expected. pausing and unpausing no longer causes XMBC to crash.

woot.

tl;dr

when using an atv2 w/eden, switching from afp to smb re-enables bathroom breaks.

-n

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] [Eden Beta 3] - XBMC crashes when video paused more than ~30 seconds0