[ATV2], Eden RC1 and SMB NAS don't allow.
Hi there.
Using AppleTV2 (v4.4.4) HW with XBMC 11 RC1 (feb-26).
I have NAS Synology 409 that has windows-network share (Samba).

With Windows version of XBMC I have had never problem with SambaShares, but with new AppleTV2 device I bumbed into "Operation not permitted" problem, when browsing/adding for a new videosource. Other Win Servers (smb shares) works great after user/pass dialog.

In windows world I had
Code:
<path pathversion="1">smb://user:pass@TIMMY-NAS1/Video/</path>
but this is created via Xbmc's dialogs, not manually..

When browsing/adding new videosource in AppleTV2 Xbmc I got
Code:
ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://TIMMY%2dNAS1'
unix_err:'1' error : 'Operation not permitted'
Xbmc does not even list the share's folders or ask for user/pass..

Under System/Network Xbmc has the same windows workgroup than in my NAS.

Is there any suggestions, why Ios Xbmc prohibits, but Windows work? With Windows OS there are no mapped-drives or anything (direct samba usage from Xbmc).
Because XBMC on Windows uses Windows internal functions for handling Samba. And XBMC on all other plattforms (so as ios) use libsmbclient for accessing them (an open source variant of the samba protocol).

Try adding the sources manually as network source and add account information there - or edit your existing source and add username:password@ by hand.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:Because XBMC on Windows uses Windows internal functions for handling Samba. And XBMC on all other plattforms (so as ios) use libsmbclient for accessing them (an open source variant of the samba protocol).

Try adding the sources manually as network source and add account information there - or edit your existing source and add username:password@ by hand.

Thank you Very much for the Reply!
iOS Xbmc is totally new for me, so there are few blanks..
? Does SeasonPass hack also incorporate FTP server for me to access the ATV2? SSH is.
? What is the files structure of Xbmc on iOs system: where can I find sources.xml (and how can I upload my own).. Like in the Xbox1 world. Wink
If you use Windows, try Filezilla as the file manager, logging on via SSH (default user/password root/alpine)

set the default remote directory to /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata
or navigate to that path for sources.xml
Thank you VERY Much! Trick workd like a charm. I transferd the proper sources.xml with ftp client to the right place in the ATV2 and voila!
Same trick goes with MacBook Pro's XBMC with Smb Shares.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2], Eden RC1 and SMB NAS don't allow.1