STICKY HOW TO UPDATE XBMCUBUNTU FROM RC TO FINAL
Hi, I have searched long and hard and am now very frustrated.

"Those users who have already installed the Beta version of XBMCbuntu can upgrade to final using the apt-get upgrade commands."

What are these commands that you speak of?
I am very much a newbie and have some issues but at least managed the install.

From XBMC > EXIT to the Desktop.

Go in to the Start area and enter into XTERM and enter "apt-get upgrade" without the quotes. You may need to preceed that with SUDO and enter a password.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Alan
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
(2012-03-26, 13:21)wsnipex Wrote: sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

Is it better to make an apt-get dist-upgrade ?

If you cant easily use your keyboard, you should use a remote access thank to ssh !

(2012-03-26, 12:17)saintalan Wrote: I am very much a newbie and have some issues but at least managed the install.

From XBMC > EXIT to the Desktop.

Go in to the Start area and enter into XTERM and enter "apt-get upgrade" without the quotes. You may need to preceed that with SUDO and enter a password.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Alan

Thanks Alan, I had guessed this, but I wanted to be 100% sure, after an half an hour of searching gave no concrete results (all that point to xbmc/lxde/eden)

Not being a confident linux user made me a bit confused, also I did not want to risk having to reinstall from scratch as it takes nearly a day to re-index my video library.

(2012-03-26, 13:21)wsnipex Wrote: sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

Can you please explain what each does, I guessed one of the two, but I am not sure of the other part.

My xbmcubuntu seems to have been updated to final version 11.00 eden and all appears to be working well.

It not only upgraded xbmc, but it seemed to update some of the system itself also.
basically:

1. look for updates
2. apply updates

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
STICKY HOW TO UPDATE XBMCUBUNTU FROM RC TO FINAL1