Cant get Ken Burns to display correctly in XBMC
For the love of God, please someone tell me what I have to do to get documentaries by Ken Burns to display correctly.
I have spent countless hours trying to tweak the documentaries. Some display, some dont.

I have used the renamer and now every title I have in the Ken Burns series are named exactly, precisely, absolutely as shown in thetvdb. I have used Ember Media Manager to download posters and fanart and create .NFO's but importing them into TV and having them appear correctly is pretty hit and miss, mostly miss. So I moved them to Movies and the same is true.

Jazz - A Film By Ken Burns for example shows every episode as its own movie. It is a ten part series, named exactly as shown in thetvdb with posters and fanart provided by Ember Media Manager but it shows in movies as ten individual movies and only the first of the series has a poster, the rest have screen grabs from the series.

I cant even begin to describe how long I've worked on this, sought every how to and wiki I could find (Only to discover that what I'm looking at is ancient history, like 6 months back when things used to work completely differently) and there is no joy at this desk!

I am using a W7 64 bit PC with XBMC Eden and Ember Media Manager, is there a better combination that would bring better results?
I would just ditch the Ken Burns stuff if i didnt like it so much, but good god its maddening.

Hi, I have Ken Burns Baseball & Civil War on XBMCbuntu. I just use the stock TVdb scraper.
If this is what you are looking for, I'll do a walkthru
gl
Thanks for the reply.
I wiped everything from Ken Burns from XBMC. I then attempted to add just the "Baseball" documentary into TV Shows. I entered the path to the file, selected The TVDB as scrapper (though I shouldnt need it as the folder(s) are full of content from the Ember Media Manager scrapper but there doesnt seem to be an option to not include a scrapper) I chose "automated scan" and selected "folder contains a single TV show". Under settings I selected "enable fanart" and "prefer posters".

The documentary "Baseball" was added. There was no poster just a folder icon and when I selected it there was no further information. There are 2 season folders in the main folder, and I think it's supposed to display those when I select the show, but it doesnt.

What on Earth am I doing wrong?
Is there someone in the Dallas area that would do this for cash?
I cant take any more of this today.
But yes, apparently I need a guided tour on how to make this work.
r,
Yeah, take a break. I'll make a walkthru of what I did. The ca$h sounds great though Smile

tc
XBMCbuntu (Eden) Library Loading Walkthru
Thanks for that.
I have structured mine as you've shown.

What determines if a given video will be set as a Movie or a TV Show?
I created a folder called Documentaries just as you did and dumped all of my Ken Burns into there. I then added it to the database. At the "Set Content" screen I chose TV Shows with TVDB as the scrapper. After the quick scan I went to TV Shows/Title and found 3 of 19 documentaries. Only 1 had cover art.

I used the TheRenamer program so all of the Ken Burns Documentaries reflect exactly what is shown on TVDB. One would think that it wouldnt be a problem, but it certainly is.

The path to the documentaries is Z:\TV Shows\Documentaries
and in that folder are 19 individual folders with a Ken Burns documentary, both the folder and documentary are named the same as what TheRenamer set them to so as to be recognized by TVDB.
There is also a NFO file in each folder as well as posters and fanart. Whether I choose to use the XBMC scrapper or not the results are disappointing.

I wonder about the NFO and poster/fanart files and whether they are compatible with XBMC but I have over 700 movies that Ember Media Manager scrapped, the same manager I used for the TV Shows and all the Movies came out just fine.

Here is the bulk of the Ken Burns documentaries:
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=84839&lid=7

I have exactly replicated the title of each folder/show to reflect the exact titling as shown in TVDB. Why do you suppose my results are soooooo bad?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cant get Ken Burns to display correctly in XBMC0