Naming problem preventing proper scanning?
Hi guys,
I'm running openELEC on my new media center PC and have some problems with the XBMC part of the setup.

What happens is that it's not scanning all my shows. They're all added as sources with the proper content type and auto scan set to true. I can see all the folders if I enter the file view.

Now, what I think might be wrong is that they are all named according to this:
[Show name]/[Season xx]/[Show name] [SxxExx] [Episode name].[Suffix]

Isn't this format allowed? Is there a nice regex I can add to Userdata/advancedconfig.xml to get it working?

Cheers!
Looks fine. If I remember rightly there may be a quirk with putting stuff in a season folder called
"Season 01"
instead of
"Season 1"

Maybe that is causing the issue.

Can you give an example of a show not scanning in and it's structure.

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
Cheers!

I have
/Curb Your Enthusiasm/Season 0x/Curb Your Enthusiasm S03E02 The Benadryl Brownie.avi

I'll try changing to "Season x" and see what happens. Smile
Wow...this is really strange! I changed to Season x for ONE show, and now they all seem to be indexing just fine Smile
Glad it's working for you now.

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
pseudo7 Wrote:Glad it's working for you now.

Thanks,
It's now scanning any folder with correctly named season folders or with any subfolder without any media files in it. Trying to find how to get sick beard to name the folders correctly...
By default, XBMC doesn't care what your season folders are named (or whether you have season folders). The default regexps look at the filename only.

If things aren't scanning, the debug log will tell you (or perhaps someone used to reading it!) why.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:By default, XBMC doesn't care what your season folders are named (or whether you have season folders). The default regexps look at the filename only.

If things aren't scanning, the debug log will tell you (or perhaps someone used to reading it!) why.

Actually it didn't. It indexed the folders without padding, and it indexed the shows without any files no matter the padding. I removed the padding from the season number and after rebooting the box it indexed the rest. That was the only change I made. Nothing else. And it had been sitting there for like 6 hours without indexing one single tv show and nothing in the log suggested it was even trying (loglevel 1).

So...it cares Wink
Nope. When you changed the folders you changed the hash so it forced a rescan. That is all.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:Nope. When you changed the folders you changed the hash so it forced a rescan. That is all.

Why didn't that happen the first two times I installed XMBC from scratch or the times I deleted the db's, then? I'm not trying to be an ass, but it just doesn't match up with my experiences. There has to be something else as I haven't been able to index my shows on any of the installations (even tried Eden) until I did this...
Sure, I understand how you could come to that conclusion (I did foo and then it worked, so foo solved the problem), but I can assure you that that wasn't the case, as the code (default regexps) quite clearly completely ignore the season folders (or any other folders that may be present).

A debug log would have highlighted the exactly what caused the problem. Next time it happens, grab a debug log of the initial scan (or refreshing) of that show (updating scans are generally useless if the content on the disk has not changed), and you'll then be able to see what the actual problem is.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Naming problem preventing proper scanning?0