'Upcoming films' from EPG?
Apologies for the 'newbieness' of this question but I love 4TR and XBMC but have to ask...

I'm using 4TR and Eden Beta 2, after converting over from Windows Media Center in January. One thing I really liked about WMC was its ability to list all upcoming movies - this makes it easy to choose what films I want to record.

Is there any way at alll of doing this with XBMC/PVR?
It would be ACE if this is a feature that could be added to the XBMC PVR, and take advantage of XBMC's scrapers to download fan art/synopsis/trailer etc, but I'd be happy with just a list of EPG programs that are 90mins or longer!
nope sorry, not implemented at this time.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
dushmaniac Wrote:nope sorry, not implemented at this time.

That really isn't going to help with the dreaded WAF Sad

The idea can't be a new one. Is it on a 'todo' list? Would it be absurdly difficult? :confused2:
no & no Smile

feel free to create a ticket here: https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/issues
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

dushmaniac Wrote:no & no Smile

feel free to create a ticket here: https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/issues

Thanks!
Ticket created here - https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/issues/439

I'm not sure how to label it as a feature request :confused2:
not sure if you can label it without collaborator rights. fixed.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

*bump*

I still think it would be great to be able to browse the movies in the upcoming EPG data by rating/genre/title/year and choose what I want to record without having to hunt through the schedules or search.

The feature request seems to have disappeared after the merge with mainline XBMC. I feel a bit naughty just logging into github and asking for it again - especially when you guys are busy with awesome stuff like raspberry pi support!

Does anyone else think this would be a worthwhile feature?
(2012-03-01, 11:29)russcasey Wrote: Thanks!
Ticket created here - https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc/issues/439

Looks like that URL is now 404 with the integration of PVR in upstream. Is there a corresponding ticket under the main xbmc/xbmc, or all these old opdenkamp/xbmc issues lost?

i've closed all the github issues after merging. feature requests can be created in the forum section for these and bugs can be registered on trac.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

(2012-09-27, 12:19)dushmaniac Wrote: i've closed all the github issues after merging. feature requests can be created in the forum section for these and bugs can be registered on trac.

Right, I understand the need to close the github issues, the problem is that it seems that the original text, comments etc, and even the title of the original request appears to be gone, so it's a little difficult to reconstruct the original feature request (which may have a lot of context and information that took a lot of time to put together). This is difficult even for the original poster (who may not have a backup of the original request), and impossible if you're trying to get information about the original feature request, but never happened to visit it while it still existed.

Isn't there someway you make those feature requests "visible" again, but read-only? In cases like this it's common practice to automatically re-open new feature requests on the new bug tracker with the original comments posted over (I believe that xbmc themselves did this when they switched from their old bug tracker to trac a few years ago).
(2012-09-25, 16:07)russcasey Wrote: *bump*

I still think it would be great to be able to browse the movies in the upcoming EPG data by rating/genre/title/year and choose what I want to record without having to hunt through the schedules or search.

The feature request seems to have disappeared after the merge with mainline XBMC. I feel a bit naughty just logging into github and asking for it again - especially when you guys are busy with awesome stuff like raspberry pi support!

MythTV has this feature, too.
Now that I'm using windows/xbmc/4TR I miss it.
So yes, I think it would be a worthwhile feature

Also genre colour coded EPG (maybe this is supported but I didn't find it yet?)
(2012-10-16, 23:41)jamesf Wrote:
(2012-09-25, 16:07)russcasey Wrote: *bump*

MythTV has this feature, too.
Now that I'm using windows/xbmc/4TR I miss it.
So yes, I think it would be a worthwhile feature

Also genre colour coded EPG (maybe this is supported but I didn't find it yet?)

Colour coded genre EPG is supported - the addon must set the genre properly.

That's why it is not supported from the vuplus/enigma2 addon - there is no genre defined in the EPG data Sad
VU+ / Enigma2 PVR Client: Documentation | Development | Discussion

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'Upcoming films' from EPG?0