Windows 7 + VRC-1100 + Harmony
Hi guys,
I'm using your example keyboard & remote xml's, I'm terrible at this scripting business though!

I'm running XBMC Frodo with Aeon MQ4. Using the VRC-1100 IR Receiver & Harmony 650

Overall I'm happy with the configuration provided in your XMLs but I'd like to edit the XMLs to do the following:

"Menu" button to bring up the OSD whilst watching movies/listening to music but also use the "Menu" button to bring up the settings menu on MQ4 (usual keyboard shortcut for this is S)

"Exit" Button to return to main menu from within any other menu or whilst watching movies/music.

Any suggestions for functions of the "Guide" & "Info" buttons?
(2012-03-01, 11:55)jhsrennie Wrote: I use a VRC-1100. I have the * and # keys mapped to "ContextMenu and Info" and I configured the Menu and Info buttons on the Harmony to the VRC-1100 * and # keys.

My keyboard is attached. Note that this will only work on Eden. XBMC v10.1 is more limited in it's key handling. Anyhow, press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

notepad "%appdata%\xbmc\userdata\keymaps\keyboard.xml"

and click OK and answer Yes if you're prompted to create a new file. Copy and paste the following into Notepad:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <numpadfive mod="alt">contextmenu</numpadfive>
      <numpadtimes>info</numpadtimes>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

Close Notepad and save the changes. You might also want to create an appcommand.xml containing:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <appcommand>
      <play_pause>PlayPause</play_pause>
    </appcommand>
  </global>
</keymap>

as with my remote I needed this to make the Play/Pause button work properly with music. You don't need this if you just play videos.

JR

Thank you so much for this. I had been looking around for a while and this works perfectly!
Hi, i know this thread is from quite a while ago, but hopefully you have email notification enabled on it.

I used to have win 7 x86 with xbmc and the vrc-1100 working fine ( i had to follow this guide to get the info button working editing the keyboard.xml)

i've migrated to win7 x64 ( to a ssd and although i had to the the keyboard.xml again.. I now have lost pause play and stop buttons

I've been digging around and it seems that showkey doesn't even recognize these commands.

BUT... if i install evenghost then add the plugin "auvisio VRC-1100 Ro" it pulls down a driver that allows showkey to see play pause stop but then non of the other keys work.

does anyone have any ideas? as i'm guessing because it's gone to x64 the driver that is default isn't reading the whole keys sent to it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 7 + VRC-1100 + Harmony0