How does the filter work?
I was watching a video on youtube of a guy who was working on a live filter for xbmc back in 2008 or so. What it did was allow the user to quickly filter results by typing with the numbers on the remote. If the user typed 2 it would look for any results with a,b, or c in it, 3 would look for d, e, or f, etc. It was pretty clever but I can't seem to find the project. It got me thinking, I'm using eventghost for my remote and I could map any key to any letters. So I was wondering if there's any way I can simulate a feature like live filter? Does it support regexp? Is there a list of search techniques for it?
There's a filter button in the UI, though, regretably, most skins don't include it. IIRC confluence has it for the library views but not the file views.

If you just want to type stuff in using the remote (SMS-style filtering) then you can map your number buttons (in the appropriate windows) to FilterSMS2 -> FilterSMS9 (with maybe FilterClear or whatever it is on another button).

You can also jump through by next/prevletter actions, or by JumpSMS2 -> JumpSMS9 (jumps to the letter you press).

If you have a keyboard SHIFT-<letter>.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How does the filter work?0