Anyone use xbmc for games console emulators?
I'm about to setup xbmc to start my old SNES games.

Is there anyway to get xbmc to kick off a batch file or an exe file whenever I click on the game i've chosen?

I have an exe file or batch file (whichever is easiest) that connects my nintendo wii controller to the PC.

So is it possible for me too select my game from within xbmc and somehow get xbmc to launch this file at the same time?
Hi!

You can do this with the "Advanced launcher" or "Rom collection browser" addon.
I use it with nintendo64 and snes roms, although I'm using an xbox controller for windows not a wii controller
Well that's good news indeed. But how do you do it?

Just to be clear, im comfortanble getting xbmc (on windows) to launch my emulated SNES games, but i need to also launch another seperate file at the same time (the file will get my wiimote to connect to the pc).

Anyone know how to get the "Advanced launcher" or "Rom collection browser" to launch a file when a game is run?
You could try changing your application target in advanced launcher from the emulator to a batch file.

Within the batch file, you can launch your WiiMote app and then launch your emulator with any arguments sent to the batch file.
Thanks for posting. don't know how to do batch files really but i'll google it and give it a shot.

I'm a bit confused generally about games console emulators on pc's. taking xbmc out the equation for a minute. what im confused about is, that every emulator wants different buttons pressed!

so if use an old spectrum emulator and it wants keyboard buttons like z and x etc, but the snes emulators wants a and b, x and y etc.

how does this all work? even if i bought a nice "xbox for pc" controller?

can you play a game on one emulator and then play a game on another emulator without setting buttons up before every game every time you play?

cant get my head round the basics!

anyone know what i mean?
Generally, each emulator will have an option to map buttons. You press the "assign" button on screen, then you press the button you want it to be on the controller. The emulator loads your saved setup everytime you launch it, so you only have to set it up once per system, not per game. IF a game requires a special controller, there's usually a way to override your default setup only when that game is launched.

I bought a $20 wireless pc adapter for my xbox360 controllers and play all my roms with it.

Writing the batch files is pretty simple once you know how to operate whatever it is by command line. A batch file literally executes a series of commands in sequence. You'll want to research the following:

1. command line arguments in batch files (RCB or Advanced Launcher are going to pass the rom file name and etc as arguments to your batch file so you need to know how to reference them in the script)
2. How to launch your WiiMote app via command like
3. How to launch your emulators of choice via command line

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone use xbmc for games console emulators?0