[AppleTV2] All add-ons stopped working
Until just recently, all of my video add-ons, as well as my music add-on (Pandora) were working just fine all the way through Eden Beta 3. But suddenly they stopped working and either gave me no information on screen, or else gave a "script failed" pop-up.

On my iPad2, everything works like a charm.

So, following the FAQ for posting troubleshooting here is my set-up and links to the various log files.

Platform: ATV2, version 4.1.1
XBMC build version "Eden" v11.0 RC1 git:20120226-30312f1
Install method was via apt-get and using official XBMC releases

Playback of all movie or TV files is fine; problem is no add-ons will run (and they appear to take an extremely long time to download and install as well).

XBMC log: http://pastebin.com/YHDYyq3q

Thanks for any help with this. Awesome program!
As of your log it looks like you are missing internet connection or dns resolution on your box. Please verify that you can access internet content in the native ATV2 interface and then again in XBMC.

Beside that the weatherplus addon you use crashs because of that. Maybe you should consider to switch over to our own weather addon (weather wunderground).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

So, I quit back out into the apple-TV and Netflix, Youtube etc all worked so I have internet at that point.

XBMC, however, was still not connecting. So, I checked out the internet settings, and I believe I figured out the issue. Recently I installed the XBMC Constellation remote on my iPad and when I changed the settings for external program control, that may have been when things went south. So I unchecked all of those options. Then I checked the "Internet" tab and it was set to use an HTTP proxy, which is odd since I never checked that. Again I suspect it got set when I started using the Constellation remote. I unchecked that and things are back to normal! Yay!

Video add-ons work and I'm listening to Pandora now.

Now to figure out if I can duplicate the problem or get the right settings to still be able to use remote.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] All add-ons stopped working0