Change overscan
Is there a way to switch between different overscan's. I've got a beamer and a projector screen with blackout boards. Which means my screen is normally 16:9 but I can change it to 2.35:1 if I want.

However, if I do that, my subtitles are projected on the black board, instead of inside the movie.

What I would like, is an option to change the overscan while the program is running. Would be the best if that is possible through a webinterface.
If all you want to do is adjust XBMC you can try going to settings > System > Video output > Video Calibration. If you hit enter after making changes you can go through all the options to adjust what you need including subtitle height.

There maybe other ways doing what you want but this is the only way I can think of.
That's the normal way, which is fine for incidental adjusting. But if you want to adjust it more then once, it would be very convenient if you can change it in a different way. Through a Python script, a web-button, or something like that.

I've created a small Python script, which replaces the guisettings.xml with either a 16:9 version, or a 2.35:1 version and sends a RestartApp. Not ideal, but usable Smile
Ep Woody Wrote:I've created a small Python script, which replaces the guisettings.xml with either a 16:9 version, or a 2.35:1 version and sends a RestartApp. Not ideal, but usable Smile

Any chance of getting a copy of the script? A friend of mine has a projector and just asked about whether this was possible.
No problem. I'll need to test it a bit more, and will put it online for people to use it.

There is one condition, you need to have a wrapper around the executable which checks which way XBMC exited. If it exits with the EXITCODE_RESTARTAPP it must restart.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change overscan0