New version for XBMC 11
Good to hear you are still alive and working on it Wink
I won't switch to Eden or Frodo without Ellipsis.

greets
Tiberius
(2012-08-02, 00:31)Blackbolt Wrote: It's not dead, it's more on ice. As Gary above said, real life gets in the way. I worked for almost 1 and a half years every day on MC360 with a small team. It took that long to get it right, that was a lot of free time spent crafting it. It took from December 2005 until June 2006 to get the first beta out and then we didn't release the 1.0 until Feb 2007. With ellipsis myself and one other worked for a whole year to build it. We had less free time but more determination as ellipsis was our own creation and not a clone of existing property.

All is not lost though, the very reason I am her right now is because I'm putting together a small team to finish Ellipsis to 1.3 as promised. Bringing all the promised features and updating compatibility with the latest XBMC.

Below I've got the screenshot from my iPad of the list I've been building of what to tackle:

As you can see, we have a plan. It takes a lot of time to do things properly. We're not in the habit of releasing buggy fucked up skins like a lot of people do, we take our time to craft perfection. Another point to make that isn't in the plan, we built Ellipsis for 720p, I do intend to modify this to 1080p if it's possible. The skin will hopefully be a 1080p native, silky smooth, optimised beauty when it's released to 1.3. We'll of course be releasing incremental updates as we go 1.2.x etc until we're ready. It's not empty promises. We really do want to finish this skin, because I cannot start the next one till I am satisfied we did our very best with ellipsis, I designed this thing in 2006, it needs to be finished properly!

What is the app on your ipad ??
It's "2Do" Smile
Thx !! Wink
Since I have been away for a while and I now see XBMC 12 is now on horizon, I'm now going to pick up the reigns and help get Ellipsis to the state of perfection and completeness it deserves. Bare with me whilst I get my dev environment back together and will try and start posting frequent updates.
Currently working on Ellipsis 1.3 Updates. Update Requests Here.
Ellipsis for XBMC 1.2.1 Click here to download & for SVN details.
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | Facebook.com/TeamBlackbolt1 | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk
(2012-11-20, 14:28)EqUiNoX Wrote: Since I have been away for a while and I now see XBMC 12 is now on horizon, I'm now going to pick up the reigns and help get Ellipsis to the state of perfection and completeness it deserves. Bare with me whilst I get my dev environment back together and will try and start posting frequent updates.

Greatest news ever! Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Team Blackbolt - Digital Design
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk
Dev environment now re-setup so can do dev work on windows and mac, now trying to work out how to test pages like the PVR without having any PVR hardware Smile
This is truly GREAT news. A really big thank you to both for the enthusiasm shown lately in this thread Smile

For the first time since I used XBMC daily on my old Xbox 1, I haven't installed the beta versions because I can't go back to any other skin. I've tried, it just don't stick beyond a couple of days. And as pointed out earlier in this thread by garyi "What makes it important is *true* simplicity which means my entire family can enjoy the system.". This is so true. I have 3 kids and the smallest one at age 6 uses XBMC with Elipsis like a champ and without any trouble.

Looking forward to when you have anything to show the community, but in your own time. I can wait as long as I know there is something to wait for.

Big Grin Big Grin
(2012-12-03, 12:37)Berz Wrote: This is truly GREAT news. A really big thank you to both for the enthusiasm shown lately in this thread Smile

For the first time since I used XBMC daily on my old Xbox 1, I haven't installed the beta versions because I can't go back to any other skin. I've tried, it just don't stick beyond a couple of days. And as pointed out earlier in this thread by garyi "What makes it important is *true* simplicity which means my entire family can enjoy the system.". This is so true. I have 3 kids and the smallest one at age 6 uses XBMC with Elipsis like a champ and without any trouble.

Looking forward to when you have anything to show the community, but in your own time. I can wait as long as I know there is something to wait for.

Big Grin Big Grin

Thanks for such kind words and glad the Ellipsis skin is working to its design. As we move forward with Ellipsis we are trying to ensure the same level of simplicity is achieved whilst bringing it up to date to the latest features and attention to detail you would expect from us.

As an update I have almost finished my PVR tool, which you can see here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146527. This means we will have all the functionality we require, so that we can skin every dialog whilst helping the community with their own skins at the same time.
That's great news. I haven't tried the PVR functionality but the interface you have worked on had the right feel to it. It's a lot of information to handle in an EPG viewer and the screenshots provided seems to have handled this without trouble Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New version for XBMC 112