W7 64Bit, EDEN RC1, Hama MCE Remote
Hi,

my Hama RC is working pretty fine with the above configuration. There is only one problem occuring when pressing the info button on the remote.

Then the right mouse menu pops up in the middle of the screen (not over the highlighted item).

I tried to map i or ctrl-d to the info button. Sometimes it takes me to the home screen, sometimes I get the right mouse button menu.

Would be great if somebody has a hint for me so that I can use the info feature too.

Many Thanks
Lord
How does the Hama remote work? Is it an eHome remote or does it send keypresses?What if anything have you done to configure it?

It sounds as if the i button is sending a right mouse click. The VRC-1100 remote (http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Remote_Contr...s#VRC-1100) does this. If the i button is sending a right click you can't configure this in v10.1 but you can in Eden.

JR
The same here. How can i configure it in Eden ?
fraleb Wrote:The same here. How can i configure it in Eden ?

Press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

Code:
notepad "%appdata%\xbmc\userdata\keymaps\mouse.xml"

and click OK, and when you're prompted to create a new file answer Yes. Copy and paste the following into Notepad:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <mouse>
      <rightclick>Info</rightclick>
    </mouse>
  </global>
</keymap>

Close Notepad and save the changes. A right mouse click should now give you the Info dialog.

JR
Hi JR,

thanks for the help. That worked great, but the pay off is, that the right mouse button does not work anymore.

I configured the MCE Remote plugin and wrote the settings back to Windows. But this didn't change anything.

Many thanks
Lord
The MCERemote add-on only configures eHome remotes and will do nothing for remotes like yours that emulate a keyboard and mouse.

You can modify the mouse.xml to make the right click execute Info only in certain screens. If you list what you want the right mouse button to do in which screens I can give you the XML to do this.

JR
Ah, things becoming clearer. Thank you for your offer, but I might get around this issue with my keyboard, which I will use very seldom anyway.

You helped a lot.
THX
Lord

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
W7 64Bit, EDEN RC1, Hama MCE Remote0