Send picture/video from TV to network?
At the moment my kodi-box is sending the signal to the TV via HDMI. I don't want to change that.

However I like the possibility to send exactly the same picture (that is shown on my TV) also over the network to my PC.

The reason is, that my PC is set in the other direction that my TV is showing, therefore I can't look at my TV when I'm at the PC.

So something to stream the display from kodi via net so that I can watch it via VLC on my second monitor would be great.

I did try to just play the files on my PC, but the picture was never in sync and it was a pain to pause and start other videos while I'm at the PC to try to keep up with the TV.
Thread moved to OS independent
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
how much more complicated could it be? Simply setup a tv backend and connect to it via kodi - then you even can watch tv on your smartphone while you are in the bathroom Wink - streaming the whole screen is not possible (and most likely not what you need either)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2016-05-17, 20:28)Memphiz Wrote: how much more complicated could it be? Simply setup a tv backend and connect to it via kodi - then you even can watch tv on your smartphone while you are in the bathroom Wink - streaming the whole screen is not possible (and most likely not what you need either)

Keep in mind that the sound will still come from the kodi on the TV. Getting them both playing in sync would be very hard and since there are always way how that could change - buffering, gf skipping back or front, changing the movie, speed changes to have the video in sync with the refresh rate of the TV and so on. I already tried it and it is more work than my normal job is.

I was really looking for something easier. I want to relax and watch some videos and not spending my whole day skiping front and back and trying to get the video in sync.
ahh your use case was not that clear to me. no sorry - no solution for that (beside a mirror on the wall of course Wink - depending on the used box you might be able to install a vnc server - but during movie playback that wouldn't give an acceptable quality i guess...)

Also even if this was possible - video and audio would be out of sync for sure.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Perhaps split the HDMI signal to TV?
(2016-05-18, 23:17)k4sh1n Wrote: Perhaps split the HDMI signal to TV?

I was already thinking about that. To get the signal I would need to either buy an additional TV or get a capture card with HDMI INPUT. So I would look at least at 100 bucks for it.

Doable, but I was hoping for a software solution and not a hardware solution.
maybe you are able to adapt your use case instead? Its a really special one imo.
Can you not buy a cheap split-HDMI to VGA/DVI to mirror, saw some the other day at around the $15, and splitter for round $50

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Send picture/video from TV to network?0