• 27(current)
Automatic WakeOnLan upon accessing MySql or FileShares
Thanks Ned.

Has anyone created an Openelec frodo 12.2 build yet?
Thanks Ned!

My latest openelec for pi (3.0.2++) http://www46.zippyshare.com/v/96096218/file.html
Hello t4_ravenbird.

I am having some trouble maybe you can assist me. I am using nightly build XBMCSetup-20130514-27044a4-master.exe The wakeonlan.xml is created with the settings of my MySQL server wish also holds my network shares. I know it take about 90 seconds to boot the server and I know the WOL does work. I run XBMC from a client system. When the server is off and I run XBMC it take about two minutes for XBMC to actually come up on my screen then it eventually go non responsive. Based on the debug log http://pastebin.com/L4HfdaPT the MySQL Server is not found and I have confirmed that it is not running. Is this new feature supposed to send a WOL packet to the MySQL server when XBMC starts?

Thank you for your assistance.

Michael
Yes it is, but it needs to be enabled. Seeing as you stated it created the .xml file it should be enabled. But, double check it to make sure. I've not looked at your log yet, but depending on your setup you may need to modify the wakeonlan.xml file. See the wiki info created by Ned Scott while you wait for one of us to review your log. If you did not have debugging on when you created that log you may want to enable that and post a new log.
(2013-05-17, 01:45)kricker Wrote: Yes it is, but it needs to be enabled. Seeing as you stated it created the .xml file it should be enabled. But, double check it to make sure. I've not looked at your log yet, but depending on your setup you may need to modify the wakeonlan.xml file. See the wiki info created by Ned Scott while you wait for one of us to review your log. If you did not have debugging on when you created that log you may want to enable that and post a new log.

It is enabled. I changed the netinittimeout to 90 but I get the same result. I did have debugging enabled when I created the log. Thank you for your help.
The netinittimeout value I think is the time XBMC waits for the PC it is running on to re-establish its own network connection before it tries to send any WOL packets
I found this in the log, but a dev will have to speak to what it means:
Code:
WakeOnAccess [192.168.50.53] trigged by accessing : smb://xbmc:[email protected]/Thumbnails/
19:09:42 T:4516   ERROR: CNetworkWin32::PingHost - IcmpSendEcho failed - Error due to lack of resources.
(2013-05-17, 02:42)kricker Wrote: I found this in the log, but a dev will have to speak to what it means:
Code:
WakeOnAccess [192.168.50.53] trigged by accessing : smb://xbmc:[email protected]/Thumbnails/
19:09:42 T:4516   ERROR: CNetworkWin32::PingHost - IcmpSendEcho failed - Error due to lack of resources.

I will reset the timeout to 20. That is the shared Thumbnail directory I have on the server. Some of my clients don't have much hard drive space left so I don't let XBMC cache to their systems. I am not sure what order WOL is processed. I would think that XBMC should load even if networks share or MySQL are unavailable. I do not understand the exact steps are taken for what is checked for and when.

I changed the waitonline to 90. I have windows 7, I'm not sure if that makes any difference. It seems like maybe the WOL packet is not being sent.
I will need to check it closer but dont have time right now. It seems like initial ping fails to execute and so the sequence is aborted without even sending the wol.
Meanwhile, try to edit wakeonlan.xml and change 'pingport' from '0' to '3306' (MySQL port), hope that should help you
I dont know what is going on here, exactly. Log reveals that there is a problem with icmp ping as kricker points out, but it also shows that wol is (successfully) sent by XBMC ;
Code:
19:09:42 T:4516  NOTICE: WakeOnAccess [192.168.50.53] trigged by accessing : smb://xbmc:[email protected]/Thumbnails/
19:09:42 T:4516   ERROR: CNetworkWin32::PingHost - IcmpSendEcho failed - Error due to lack of resources.  (0x2B02)
19:09:42 T:4516    INFO: CNetwork::WakeOnLan - Magic packet send to '00:04:76:B9:3F:0F'
So, wol is sent, as seen from XBMC, yet you observe that your server did not wake up. And there are strange errors when doing ping, just like in this post ;
http://us.generation-nt.com/error-due-la...65592.html

It seems there is something fishy with your HTPCs networking, can you try with fixed ip-address (if you use DHCP) ..? If your HTPC have more than one network-inteface, then try to disable the interface not used to reach the server..
(2013-05-17, 20:48)t4_ravenbird Wrote: I dont know what is going on here, exactly. Log reveals that there is a problem with icmp ping as kricker points out, but it also shows that wol is (successfully) sent by XBMC ;
Code:
19:09:42 T:4516  NOTICE: WakeOnAccess [192.168.50.53] trigged by accessing : smb://xbmc:[email protected]/Thumbnails/
19:09:42 T:4516   ERROR: CNetworkWin32::PingHost - IcmpSendEcho failed - Error due to lack of resources.  (0x2B02)
19:09:42 T:4516    INFO: CNetwork::WakeOnLan - Magic packet send to '00:04:76:B9:3F:0F'
So, wol is sent, as seen from XBMC, yet you observe that your server did not wake up. And there are strange errors when doing ping, just like in this post ;
http://us.generation-nt.com/error-due-la...65592.html

It seems there is something fishy with your HTPCs networking, can you try with fixed ip-address (if you use DHCP) ..? If your HTPC have more than one network-inteface, then try to disable the interface not used to reach the server..

I think I partly figured out why it was not working . All of my HTPCs have static IPs. The router/modem does have DHCP enabled though for other clients and Wireless systems. I have Virtualbox installed and the VirtualBox Host-Only Network Adapter must be having a problem with it as when I disable the adapter it works. However, I have used SolarWinds WOL (GUI) and Overlook Fing (command Line) with the adapter enabled and I have not encounter any problems. I do not know if there is something you can do on your end to fix this conflict or not but this is what I have determined was the problem.
I think that it outside of the realm of this patch and XBMC. If something is messing with how the network adapter functions within the OS, then I always feel it is best to fix It at the OS level.
After thinking it over once more I think maybe there can be an issue with startup when there are multiple network interfaces, I will look at it and maybe a fix is needed.
I have my VirtualBox Host-Only Network Adapter disabled for now. Several times when I have run XBMC it has locked up my system. Not just the XBMC the keyboard, mouse, clock, everything. I have enabled debugging now all the time so maybe I can catch why this is happening. I also have had issues where my MySQL server does not start. I see the Magic packet is sent but I think there maybe an order issue sometimes when the wakeonlan.xml loads. By comparing the two files I see that when wakeonlan.xml is loaded before the advancedsettings.xml the MySQL server starts. I also noticed that when wakeonlan.xml is not loaded first that there are DEBUG CPlayerCoreConfig and CPlayerSelectionRule lines listed. I am not sure if this is actually the problem but it is what I observed based on the log files. Maybe it is a problem with the Alpha build. If I am wrong in this assumption please let me know.

XBMCDebugLogMySQLServerNotStarted
http://pastebin.com/WiWEZSy4

XBMCDebugLogMySQLServerStarted
http://pastebin.com/XknQmLkP
I have made a patch to make wake-on-access hopefully behave better when more then one network-interface is present. Originally it would proceed with the wakeup as soon as an interface was connected .. theoretically that could mean that the wol gets sent, yes, but on wrong network-interface. Now it will wait until the interface where server actually sits get connected before commencing ..
This is the flaw I could spot in wake-on-access itself, maybe it will help in your case, not sure.
I dont know why advancedsettings sometimes is loaded before and sometimes after wakeonlan.xml, are you using different profiles and is that the cause of it? I have not done anything special with wake-on-access to support profiles and I have no idea if that would be required either..
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatic WakeOnLan upon accessing MySql or FileShares4