• 6(current)
Automatic WakeOnLan upon accessing MySql or FileShares
It may be a while before it gets into master, but we are making progress. This one "little" feature actually has lots of levels of thought that need to go into it. But in my current tests it is working very well and reliably. There is still some work to do though.
Don't want to bother you, but - any news here?
Maybe a Testbuild or something?

Anyway, I appreciate the work you guys do, fantastic!
I can get one up this weekend. I've been buried under a ton of work.
You can find a build based on main trunk from Sept 09 here. This now has a simpe GUI for adding your servers. Remove all the wake parameters from your advancedsettings.xml file. Make sure all hosts you need access to are online. Install this version of XBMC. Go to settings\system\power saving. You will see a new option at the bottom of the list. When you enable it, it should auto discover your servers and their MAC addresses. It will only discovers servers that are used as sources or mySQL hosts. You should see a pop-up telling you servers that it found. This version displays the message very quickly, so even though it may find more than one server you may only see a message for one. You will find a new file in your user profile directory called "wakeonlan.xml". There you will find the entries for the various servers.

Now when you try to access an offline server you should see a pop-up informing you of an attempt to wake the server. It should also wake a mySQL host upon XBMC's start. You will see an abundance of notifications right now for every time it checks a server. I'm hoping we can tame some of these so that you only get displayed notifications if something goes wrong.
Hi kricker...

I have tried installing your build from post #79, but i don't see any extra options in System->Power Saving. Do i need a special skin mod or something? I run the standard Confluence skin.

//TjaLfE
Nothing extra needed. At the bottom of the options, there should be a new item for waking servers.
I may have linked the wrong build. My latest build should have been from the 18th. I'll try to find what I did with it and repost.
@kricker

Looking forword to try the "real" build........ If you can find it :-)
I did not find it. I'll have to make a new one.
Okay.. looking forward to try it out.
Alright, here we go, HOT right out of the oven.
XBMCSetup-20121003-5e4b59d-WOA
Nice kricker... Will give it a try when i come back home from work... Girlfriend is out of the house tonight, so the night i dedicated to HTPC/XBMC/PVR work Big Grin
Make sure you follow the instructions from my earlier post.
Works like a charm - thank you kricker!
Hi Kricker...

This works lika a charm!!!!!!! Great job.... Only thing i noticed... my PVR setup did not work very well with your build.
I'm using the PVR addon builds from http://www.dotnetdevelopers.net/XBMC/xbmcpvr.html and i noticed, that the PVR addon builds from the 4. of October only works with frodo builds from the forth and on.

Can I somehow convince you to make a WOA build using the master branch code of the 4. or 5. October?

//TjaLfE
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatic WakeOnLan upon accessing MySql or FileShares4