• 7(current)
Automatic WakeOnLan upon accessing MySql or FileShares
There was a change made in source that effected PVR addons. You do not have to persuade me too much. I plan on making another build very soon as there was another commit yesterday that improves playback of video over smb:// paths that I need.
wow... sounds great... looking very much forward to the new build Smile
New build available.
XBMCSetup-20121005-f75bac3-WOA.exe
This i fantastic!!!! Big thanks to the folks behind this!!!
New build available.
XBMCSetup-20121017-c7951a4-WOA
Hi, I'm interested, I recently decentralised my db as I was sick of xbmc crashing after a resume from sleep even though the server was available. Does this addon re-astablish a fresh sql connection at wake from suspend and do you have an xbmcbuntu pvr build please?
Sorry I only have Windows builds. We do not have a way to auto discover MAC address on any platform except Windows ATM. If someone wanted to make a build for another platform, I can share the patch.

I do not know if it creates a "fresh" connection, but it will send a WOL request to a server if it is asleep and can not access the mySQL db.
Yes, please share and I will have a go.
(2012-10-18, 19:57)bilbonvidia Wrote: .. Does this addon re-astablish a fresh sql connection at wake from suspend .... ?

Hopefully, yes.
The mysql connection should already retry 4-5 times when it is broken, however I think it may still fail because the retries may be done too soon after resume so that network is not yet connected.

This patch will hook into that re-connection loop and trigger a 'wake-and-wait' sequence until xbmc is able to ping the server before returning to the mysql and do the re-connect.
(2012-10-18, 20:26)bilbonvidia Wrote: Yes, please share and I will have a go.

If anybody could do an ios-build that would be totally awesome!
My Ipad is the last client not beeing able to wake up the server...

@ kricker

are there any reasonable changes between the last two builds?
The latest build attempts to suppress the notification if something is playing while the wake kick in.
(kricker has experienced getting a notification "server already running" while watching a movie ; we dont want that..)
(2012-10-18, 20:26)t4_ravenbird Wrote:
(2012-10-18, 19:57)bilbonvidia Wrote: .. Does this addon re-astablish a fresh sql connection at wake from suspend .... ?

Hopefully, yes.
The mysql connection should already retry 4-5 times when it is broken, however I think it may still fail because the retries may be done too soon after resume so that network is not yet connected.

This patch will hook into that re-connection loop and trigger a 'wake-and-wait' sequence until xbmc is able to ping the server before returning to the mysql and do the re-connect.

Brilliant thats what I wanted to hear. I tried to compile last night but had a couple of issues such as git hub apparently suffering a ddos attack, and then a failed make install. Will try again tonight when I am fresh.
I just added the patch to a recent git and it applied perfectly fine.

New build:
XBMCSetup-20121019-3d6cc48-WOA
I am getting this when trying to do the make

Code:
In file included from mysqldataset.cpp:27:0:
/home/billy/xbmc/xbmc/network/WakeOnAccess.h:28:9: error: âvectorâ in namespace âstdâ does not name a type
/home/billy/xbmc/xbmc/network/WakeOnAccess.h:37:26: error: âCStdStringâ does not name a type
/home/billy/xbmc/xbmc/network/WakeOnAccess.h:37:38: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of âhostNameâ with no type [-fperm                                                        issive]
/home/billy/xbmc/xbmc/network/WakeOnAccess.h:42:39: error: âCStdStringâ does not name a type
/home/billy/xbmc/xbmc/network/WakeOnAccess.h:42:51: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of âhostâ with no type [-fpermissi                                                        ve]
/home/billy/xbmc/xbmc/network/WakeOnAccess.h:50:59: error: âstd::vectorâ has not been declared
/home/billy/xbmc/xbmc/network/WakeOnAccess.h:50:65: error: expected â,â or â...â before â<â token
/home/billy/xbmc/xbmc/network/WakeOnAccess.h:51:33: error: âVECSOURCESâ does not name a type
/home/billy/xbmc/xbmc/network/WakeOnAccess.h:51:45: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of âsourcesâ with no type [-fpermi                                                        ssive]
/home/billy/xbmc/xbmc/network/WakeOnAccess.h:51:59: error: âstd::vectorâ has not been declared
/home/billy/xbmc/xbmc/network/WakeOnAccess.h:51:65: error: expected â,â or â...â before â<â token
/home/billy/xbmc/xbmc/network/WakeOnAccess.h:53:3: error: âCStdStringâ does not name a type
/home/billy/xbmc/xbmc/network/WakeOnAccess.h:59:28: error: âCStdStringâ does not name a type
/home/billy/xbmc/xbmc/network/WakeOnAccess.h:59:40: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of âhostâ with no type [-fpermissi                                                        ve]
/home/billy/xbmc/xbmc/network/WakeOnAccess.h:63:11: error: âCStdStringâ does not name a type
/home/billy/xbmc/xbmc/network/WakeOnAccess.h:64:11: error: âCStdStringâ does not name a type
/home/billy/xbmc/xbmc/network/WakeOnAccess.h:66:5: error: âCStdStringâ does not name a type
/home/billy/xbmc/xbmc/network/WakeOnAccess.h:67:5: error: âCStdStringâ does not name a type
/home/billy/xbmc/xbmc/network/WakeOnAccess.h:85:11: error: âvectorâ in namespace âstdâ does not name a type
/home/billy/xbmc/xbmc/network/WakeOnAccess.h:86:3: error: âEntriesVectorâ does not name a type
mysqldataset.cpp: In member function âvirtual int dbiplus::MysqlDatabase::connect(bool)â:
mysqldataset.cpp:123:59: error: no matching function for call to âCWakeOnAccess::WakeUpHost(std::string&, std::basic_stri                                                        ng<char>)â
mysqldataset.cpp:123:59: note: candidates are:
/home/billy/xbmc/xbmc/network/WakeOnAccess.h:36:8: note: void CWakeOnAccess::WakeUpHost(const CURL&)
/home/billy/xbmc/xbmc/network/WakeOnAccess.h:36:8: note:   candidate expects 1 argument, 2 provided
/home/billy/xbmc/xbmc/network/WakeOnAccess.h:37:8: note: void CWakeOnAccess::WakeUpHost(const int&, const string&)
/home/billy/xbmc/xbmc/network/WakeOnAccess.h:37:8: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from âstd::string {aka std:                                                        :basic_string<char>}â to âconst int&â
/home/billy/xbmc/xbmc/network/WakeOnAccess.h:92:8: note: void CWakeOnAccess::WakeUpHost(const CWakeOnAccess::WakeUpEntry&                                                        )
/home/billy/xbmc/xbmc/network/WakeOnAccess.h:92:8: note:   candidate expects 1 argument, 2 provided
make[1]: *** [mysqldataset.o] Error 1
make: *** [xbmc/dbwrappers/dbwrappers.a] Error 2
Hmm.. That is a question for T4_ravenbird. Maybe I need to give you the files as there is some sort of issue with my patch made on Windows.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatic WakeOnLan upon accessing MySql or FileShares4