• 25(current)
Automatic WakeOnLan upon accessing MySql or FileShares
can you run in an elevated command prompt on the server "powercfg /requests" when the pi is on.
what does that say?

Can you see what files are open, in win seven you do this by right clicking my computer and select manage, then open files on the left, it shold tell you if the pi has a file open. Also check sessions.

Also you haven't installed the wol addon have you?

As t4 said we need the log from the pi.
I built a new Windows version a few days ago but forgot to post it:
XBMCSetup-20130430-a4130c1-WOA.exe
I would also like to see WOL upon starting XBMC. I use Windows Home Server which i have to manually start up as i dont run it 24x7.

does not have to be complex, just a screen with a list of MAC addresses to wake up when XBMC starts up or starts when SMB share is accessed. etc etc.
could some of the mac users in here please test if WOL works like expected in this build? http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...r-i386.dmg
If you're fast with testing and confirm it working I'll merge it into mainline.
Sorry for the github comment, i didn't followed the forum topic.

I'm going to test the pr now. Do i have to care about something in special besides the wake on lan function?

Update:
- The wakeonlan.xml gets created correctly by enabling the feature and/or adding sources.
- XBMC sends a magic packet if i try to access my shares and a progress dialog comes up
- It is not working for live-tv?

So far no crashes or any other hints of broken things
- in settings/system/power-saving there should be an option to "try to wake.." and when you enable it and exit from settings there should be a little notification popping up that mac-discovery was performed (only 1st time) ; check that it comes and that it is successful (your server must be running at this point for it to succeed)

- put server to sleep and then start xbmc. navigate to a share and observe that a progress-dialog pops up and spins while waiting for server to respond to ping

(we are particularly interested in knowing whether 'mac-discovery' and 'ping' is working for osx, those are the new platform-specific functions)

-please post xbmc.log so we can check what happened
thanks!
Great work T4_ravenbird. Thanks to you and our handful of testers we are finally close to getting this merged. If not this windows then the next.
(2013-05-10, 20:04)regnets Wrote: ...

Update:
- The wakeonlan.xml gets created correctly by enabling the feature and/or adding sources.
- XBMC sends a magic packet if i try to access my shares and a progress dialog comes up
- It is not working for live-tv?

So far no crashes or any other hints of broken things

live-tv is not specifically targeted, no. I dont know how that part of xbmc functions at all so I have not done anything in that direction (kricker has also noticed this, but I believe it is a adaption that can be done after wake-on-access gets into main)
The live TV settings has it's own wake on lan stuff. It uses some linux script or similar to do the wake. It would be nice to get that reworked to function with this WOA code. What I did is add my recording directory as a video source so it to can be woke with this code.
(2013-05-10, 20:23)t4_ravenbird Wrote: - in settings/system/power-saving there should be an option to "try to wake.." and when you enable it and exit from settings there should be a little notification popping up that mac-discovery was performed (only 1st time) ; check that it comes and that it is successful (your server must be running at this point for it to succeed)

- put server to sleep and then start xbmc. navigate to a share and observe that a progress-dialog pops up and spins while waiting for server to respond to ping

(we are particularly interested in knowing whether 'mac-discovery' and 'ping' is working for osx, those are the new platform-specific functions)

-please post xbmc.log so we can check what happened
thanks!

Ok i started again with a blank profile.

1. Started the server
2. Started xbmc
3. I added two sources (first with dns name and second with ip-address)
4. enabled live tv with tvheadend (dns name)
5. enabled the wol feature
5a. popup for dns name comes up
5b. popup for ip-address comes up
6. shutdown xbmc
7. increased wait time (my server is booting not resuming)
8. shutdown server
9. started xbmc
9a. xbmc started the server after accessing the first share

First log: http://pastebin.com/cnBF5Eg3
Second log (after restarting xbmc): http://pastebin.com/pBkWPaQa

I hope i didn't forget anything...

Best regards

regnets
Brilliant, thanks!

Your test shows that much is working as expected but unfortunately the log also has this entry ;
21:08:12 T:2957651968 ERROR: Ping fail : status = 16384, errno = 3 : 'ping -c 1 -w 1 10.0.0.253'
21:08:16 T:2897361448 ERROR: Previous line repeats 702 times.

This means that the icmp-ping (default) does not work !
You could try the "tcp-ping" mode (see opening post) but I dont know which port numbers are useful with nfs like you have. (samba is 445 which is what I use in my setup, or 3306 with MySql )

Since icmp-ping fails I am afraid that will be a show-stopper
Ok, i tried the following (ping-mode:1; port 3306 [also got a mysql server on the same machine])
http://pastebin.com/t5qkASwF

Here is the log:
http://pastebin.com/sPnszqhf

That did work!

I also tested the icmp thingy again....

Could it be possible that the ping command is not in the right shape?
Code:
macbook:~ andy$ ping -c 1 -w 1 10.0.0.253
ping: illegal option -- w
usage: ping [-AaDdfnoQqRrv] [-b boundif] [-c count] [-G sweepmaxsize] [-g sweepminsize]
            [-h sweepincrsize] [-i wait] [-l preload] [-M mask | time] [-m ttl]
            [-p pattern] [-S src_addr] [-s packetsize] [-t timeout]
            [-W waittime] [-z tos] host
       ping [-AaDdfLnoQqRrv] [-c count] [-I iface] [-i wait] [-l preload]
            [-M mask | time] [-m ttl] [-p pattern] [-S src_addr]
            [-s packetsize] [-T ttl] [-t timeout] [-W waittime]
            [-z tos] mcast-group

The w needs to be capitalized, or am i wrong?

Code:
macbook:~ andy$ ping -c 1 -W 1 10.0.0.253
PING 10.0.0.253 (10.0.0.253): 56 data bytes

--- 10.0.0.253 ping statistics ---
1 packets transmitted, 1 packets received, 0.0% packet loss, 1 packets out of wait time
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 1.242/1.242/1.242/0.000 ms

Best regards

regnets
yep, that is a perfect sequence you got there ;

21:37:51 T:2897361448 NOTICE: WakeOnAccess [server] trigged by accessing : nfs://server/media/TV-Shows/
21:38:59 T:2897361448 NOTICE: WakeOnAccess sequence completed, server started

This is what we want, but in your previous log with icmp-ping we had ;
21:08:12 T:2897361448 NOTICE: WakeOnAccess [server] trigged by accessing : nfs://server/media/TV-Shows/
21:10:32 T:2897361448 NOTICE: WakeOnAccess timeout/cancel while waiting for response
(2013-05-10, 21:50)t4_ravenbird Wrote: yep, that is a perfect sequence you got there ;

21:37:51 T:2897361448 NOTICE: WakeOnAccess [server] trigged by accessing : nfs://server/media/TV-Shows/
21:38:59 T:2897361448 NOTICE: WakeOnAccess sequence completed, server started

This is what we want, but in your previous log with icmp-ping we had ;
21:08:12 T:2897361448 NOTICE: WakeOnAccess [server] trigged by accessing : nfs://server/media/TV-Shows/
21:10:32 T:2897361448 NOTICE: WakeOnAccess timeout/cancel while waiting for response

So it is not the malformed ping command?

However the PR got commited into main?
(2013-05-10, 21:41)regnets Wrote: ...
Could it be possible that the ping command is not in the right shape?
Code:
macbook:~ andy$ ping -c 1 -w 1 10.0.0.253
ping: illegal option -- w
usage: ping [-AaDdfnoQqRrv] [-b boundif] [-c count] [-G sweepmaxsize] [-g sweepminsize]
            [-h sweepincrsize] [-i wait] [-l preload] [-M mask | time] [-m ttl]
            [-p pattern] [-S src_addr] [-s packetsize] [-t timeout]
            [-W waittime] [-z tos] host
       ping [-AaDdfLnoQqRrv] [-c count] [-I iface] [-i wait] [-l preload]
            [-M mask | time] [-m ttl] [-p pattern] [-S src_addr]
            [-s packetsize] [-T ttl] [-t timeout] [-W waittime]
            [-z tos] mcast-group

The w needs to be capitalized, or am i wrong?

I think you nailed it, looking at http://linux.die.net/man/8/ping it appears uppercase is correct also for linux, but linux has not complained .. , my bad
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatic WakeOnLan upon accessing MySql or FileShares4