• 35(current)
Automatic WakeOnLan upon accessing MySql or FileShares
(2014-05-06, 11:24)t4_ravenbird Wrote: @cw-kid It may be necessary to tweak the wakeonlan.xml only if you have issues, check http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Auto_wake_on_lan for options
I run openelec myself and it works fine as far as I am aware of;-)

Sounds good! Does your OpenElec HTPC turn on from S5 Shutdown or from S3 Sleep mode?

In Frodo I had to turn on my HTPC from S5 Shutdown as there was some audio issues after resuming from S3 Sleep mode. This has been fixed in Gotham, so perhaps I can use the S3 Sleep mode again on Gotham.

Cheers
I use S3 only on both server and HTPC and then I have some rpi's that are always on (but also able to on-access-wake the server)
Thanks for the feedback!
i think is a nice idea, but i ve problem now with standby mode on my server

my hardware:
Server with Debian and mySQL database
--- goes in S3 Mode, if not in use
Raspberry Pi with OpenELEC 4.0 final
--- Allways On

If my Server is not in use, he goes in Suspend Mode. But, 10 minutes
later the PI wake up my server, even if the PI is not used at all.

However, the PI should not keep awake the server all day,
only to wake when I want to access the mysql database
@noxx2 check the problem description in this post and the fllow-up that leads to a conclusion http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1616566
I read this, same problems as me. But what is the solution?

My server wake up 10 minutes after shutdown. I've no add-ons installed on the Pi
AsRock Q1900DC - SanDisk SSD 64GB - Crucial 2x 4GB - Streacom F1C EVO (Futaba M166A Display, YARD2) - BluRay Panasonic UJ-265
Same as the other ; something in your PI is accessing the server and the log-file should give us a hint as to what that is. Please check or post logfile.
(2014-05-09, 13:48)t4_ravenbird Wrote: Same as the other ; something in your PI is accessing the server and the log-file should give us a hint as to what that is. Please check or post logfile.

Please
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=196985

xbmc.log
Code:
11:03:01 T:2925216848  NOTICE: WakeOnAccess sequence completed, server started
11:13:19 T:2925216848  NOTICE: WakeOnAccess [192.168.1.18] trigged by accessing : MySQL : MyVideos78

i see in my server.log that he wake up at 11:03. And you see, XBMC was it.....
and i dont know why. nobody has use at this time the pi......
Amber use skin.widget.
Disable updates for random/recommended/recent in skin.widget or for example make it refresh when entering home menu or on database updates etc.
Where can I find this settings?

I found it in the xbmc service add-ons. I have disable all points in the random items
AsRock Q1900DC - SanDisk SSD 64GB - Crucial 2x 4GB - Streacom F1C EVO (Futaba M166A Display, YARD2) - BluRay Panasonic UJ-265
My Pi gets crazy since latest Helix Nightly with the Auto Wakeonlan Option enabled:

Short log snippet:

Code:
18:43:03 31213.814453 T:2734994512   ERROR: Ping fail : status = -1, errno = 12 : 'ping -c 1 -w 1 192.168.1.50'
18:43:19 31229.181641 T:2683425872   ERROR: Previous line repeats 8406 times.

wakeonlan.xml Settings:

Code:
<onaccesswakeup>
    <netinittimeout>20</netinittimeout>
    <netsettletime>500</netsettletime>
    <wakeup>
        <host>192.168.1.50</host>
        <mac>38:EA:A7:A6:09:2D</mac>
        <pingport>0</pingport>
        <pingmode>1</pingmode>
        <timeout>300</timeout>
        <waitonline>210</waitonline>
        <waitonline2>60</waitonline2>
        <waitservices>30</waitservices>
    </wakeup>
    <wakeup>
        <host>NAS</host>
        <mac>38:EA:A7:A6:09:2D</mac>
        <pingport>0</pingport>
        <pingmode>1</pingmode>
        <timeout>300</timeout>
        <waitonline>210</waitonline>
        <waitonline2>60</waitonline2>
        <waitservices>30</waitservices>
    </wakeup>
</onaccesswakeup>
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
Openelec or Raspbmc ? Can you ssh to it and perform ping for a test?
Openelec.

A ping via ssh is possible and whithout problems.
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
Looking at file history in XBMC ( https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commits/mas...kLinux.cpp ) shows no activity last 6 months.
My immediate guess would be that this is an Openelec issue rather than XBMC as such but I dont know.. The logged errno=12 points to 'out of memory' but that seems strange also.
Could you maybe ask a question at Openelec's site? This may be a trivial issue and ring a bell for the Linux-experts
Ok, this is doing my head in. Advanced WOL works a-ok. Wake on access worked during the betas, but since the final v13 came out, it hasn't worked. I have to disable general WOL access, leaving only Magic Packets being able to wake it up, on my server computer as otherwise it just keeps waking back up right after putting it to sleep.

It seems like XBMC WOA switched from sending a magic packet to a generic wol packet? In any case, is there anyway to fix this?
Hi everyone,

At the moment I'm having issues with XBMC and WOL with an iMac.
WOL is very particular on a Mac and I believe has to go via a Bonjour sleep proxy, anyway thats not a problem as my router is an Airport Extreme.

It is also very particular about what it will Wake Up to for file sharing.
NFS Sharing and trying to wake the Mac does not work, however initiating a WOL for a SAMBA share (port 445) from XBMC does work to keep the Mac awake.
I can then access the NFS shares whilst the Mac stays awake.

I have modified the wakeonlan.xml file to pingport 445 for SAMBA.

Is it at all possible to do a spoof WOL and wake up my Mac via port 445 if I select a NFS Share (port 2049) in XBMC ?

• 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatic WakeOnLan upon accessing MySql or FileShares4