new software for Mac proves that mirroring is possible with a software solution
This proves that mirroring is possible - obviously, this would be a natural progression for XBMC and it has been a highly requested feature. Would it be possible to look into this?

http://www.reflectionapp.com
how should we look into it? its closed source and commercial...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
On an unlikely long shot, I e-mailed them and asked for hints: "Any hints for the open source community on how you guys reverse engineered AirPlay mirroring?"

This was the reply:

Quote:Ned,

Lots of Red Bull and late nights :).

Best,
Andrew

As such, we are now sending Memphiz several cases of Red Bull.
i simply meant that it was possible and would be an amazing feature for XBMC - since i had read some pretty discouraging remarks regarding its likelihood i thought that this might be the shot in the arm needed for someone out there who had the motivation.
cracksloth Wrote:i simply meant that it was possible and would be an amazing feature for XBMC - since i had read some pretty discouraging remarks regarding its likelihood i thought that this might be the shot in the arm needed for someone out there who had the motivation.

A glimmer of hope, no doubt.
Unofficial AirPlay Protocol Specification - Screen Mirroring
Now we only need to know howto disable the encryption. Its stated as optional there but afais the client decides to do the encryption. And i'm pretty sure that all iDevices will encrypt that stuff.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-06-06, 13:15)Memphiz Wrote: Now we only need to know howto disable the encryption. Its stated as optional there but afais the client decides to do the encryption. And i'm pretty sure that all iDevices will encrypt that stuff.

I would focus on XBMC to XBMC; for example, how about slaving multiple TVs in a home from a projector? Lots of content today is not hindered by HDCP. Forget Apple, leverage the OSS Airplay implementation to sync music and video playback amongst XBMC boxes...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new software for Mac proves that mirroring is possible with a software solution0