pop/click noise when changing song.
Hi
I'm a relatively new XBMC user.
I'm running eden b3 atm, and have tried b1 and b2.

When I change song in xbmc (being mp3, flac, whatever) I'm getting a poping / click noise for every time i Change track.

No other player I've tried does this (i.e winamp, WMC, WMP).

I find this "a bit" frustrating.

Any ideas?

Win7 x64 enterprise. XBMC eden beta 3.
Welcome to the forums. Have you tried to disable GUI sounds in System>Settings>System>Audio at the bottom of the page?
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
DDDamian Wrote:Welcome to the forums. Have you tried to disable GUI sounds in System>Settings>System>Audio at the bottom of the page?

Nope, but good idea. I'll test it and report back tomorrow.
No change.
Hegel H590 amp. Dynaudio C2 speakers. ELAC 2030 sub. Nordost red dawn MKII speaker cables.
Sony KD-85XG9505 85" TV.
I have also some clicking sound. It ain't any GUI sound, and doesn't sound very nice. The amplifier kind of 'cracks' on the sound. It happens most when I haven't used any navigation for a couple of minutes and then use any GUI navigation.
Hearing more about this - can you guys confirm if this happens with WASAPI, DirectSound or both?
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
I get this when playing music (mp3's). If i skip track or press stop i get a kind of electronic fart sound.

I don't know what WASAPI and DirectSound are. I'd like to try ad answer yur question if you can point me in the right direction?
Google Smile Aside from that a Debug Log would tell.
Exact same problem. XMBC 11.0. Click when skipping / switching songs, with crossfade off.

Crossfade fixes it, but I can't set crossfade to 0.1 seconds e.g. (and I don't want actual crossfade).

Also - setting the crossfade to 1 second results in song switching observably taking at least 2 seconds. That is much too large a setting for the minimal value in my opinion.

DirectSound / WASAPI - both affected.
On my list......thx!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pop/click noise when changing song.0