Eden 11.0 MySQL Update Problems - Resolved
Thumbs Up 
Just in case anyone else encounters this problem:

Installed the Eden 11.0 update today, and when I went into XBMC, it bombed out before the home screen appeared. The debug.log pointed to a problem with the database -

20:34:40 T:189853696 ERROR: SQL: The table does not exist
Query: SELECT idVersion FROM version

And sure enough when I looked at the database, it was missing most of the tables (there's a new set of tables 'XBMC_Video60' with this update). Deleted the database 'XBMC_Video60', and it was recreated correctly next time around. All resolved.
The reason this happens is _usually_ because the update process was interrupted, leaving the db in an indeterminant state. Unfortunately unless we know exactly how this is happening, we can't do much about it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I understand that - and the fact that the database was created correctly second time around means there was nothing wrong with the database creation scripts. Just one of those things I suppose.

I'm a .Net developer, but I know very little about how XBMC is coded. Isn't there any way to add exception handling to catch these sorts of errors and display a message to the user - rather than just crashing back to the desktop? Confused
Not sure, but remember, MySQL is still considered an advanced/experimental library mode.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eden 11.0 MySQL Update Problems - Resolved0