TV show naming conventions
What are the naming conventions for TV Shows? As of now, I have Futurama and Archer in there, and they both are named the same (ie. Futurama 1x01), and those show up in the library no problem. For some reason however, Archer isn't working out for me. It shows 6 episodes form Season 1, and their names don't match any of the episodes in any season, but the episodes do play. It's odd
mknabster Wrote:What are the naming conventions for TV Shows? As of now, I have Futurama and Archer in there, and they both are named the same (ie. Futurama 1x01), and those show up in the library no problem. For some reason however, Archer isn't working out for me. It shows 6 episodes form Season 1, and their names don't match any of the episodes in any season, but the episodes do play. It's odd

google would have helped you

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...s/TV_shows

PHP Code:
TV Shows

|-Archer

|-Season 1

|- S01E01.avi

|- S01E01 Episode name.avi 

Something like that
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks i think i'll keep that link bookmarked from now on
In cases where you get odd episode names, or only partial seasons, it's always worth checking tvdb.com to make sure there isn't another series with the same name.

In the case of Archer, you want to be calling the series "Archer (2009)", to distinguish it from some earlier detective series
Ah yes forgot that.

And if you have multi episode files:
S01E01E02 and so on
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
mknabster Wrote:What are the naming conventions for TV Shows? As of now, I have Futurama and Archer in there, and they both are named the same (ie. Futurama 1x01), and those show up in the library no problem. For some reason however, Archer isn't working out for me. It shows 6 episodes form Season 1, and their names don't match any of the episodes in any season, but the episodes do play. It's odd

Worth noting too that maybe it picked up the wrong Archer. I get this with a few shows like Castle, you'll need to go into the show details and tell it to refresh, should give you a choice of what show it is if there are multiples.

Archer: http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=73065&lid=7
Archer (2009): http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=110381&lid=7
It's interesting, i renamed all the Archer episodes to Archer (2009) 1x01 and so on. It's still picking up the older Archer series.
mknabster Wrote:It's interesting, i renamed all the Archer episodes to Archer (2009) 1x01 and so on. It's still picking up the older Archer series.
The series folder needs to be named "Archer (2009)" - the filenames just need season and episode numbers.
Oh ok, i'll give that a shot and report back.
Hi!

I have a problem with the new x-files episodes. At Imdb it says season 1 episode 1 and 2 and so on... but i have the old complete serie as well. So how do i name this new season? Is it 10?

Please help!
Asus s1-at5nm10e - Netgear READY NAS 102 - Wired -
-Receiver Pioneer VSX-529-K - ASUS RT-AC58U - USB HDD connected Seagate - SONY BRAVIA KDL-55W955B - Netgear ReadyNAS 102
tvdb.com lists it like that...
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=...2944&lid=7
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
Thanks

I get the right banner / poster but the wrong year and date. [SMIRKING FACE]

Is it ok to have the old episodes in one folder on another device and the new ones on another device and folder?
-Receiver Pioneer VSX-529-K - ASUS RT-AC58U - USB HDD connected Seagate - SONY BRAVIA KDL-55W955B - Netgear ReadyNAS 102
Not sure, I seem to recall that such functionality (one TV show spread over multiple paths) was once there but got kicked because of its ugliness (code wise) and therefore increased difficulties to maintain.
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
Thanks, will move it all then. It's on an old slowish usb drive so it'll take the whole tomorrow to move it. [WEARY FACE]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV show naming conventions0