Add-on Update Questions - MAME Frontend
Hi Everyone,

Long time user, first time poster and contributor. I have been trying to get my feet wet with add-on development. I was really missing the MAME Frontend in the repository, so decided to start simple.

Well I pulled the add-on from git, followed the guide on updating the add-on(now using sqlite3, urllib2, and renamed addon to proper naming convention).

I tested the add-on on a few machines and works great in Eden now. Also it updates older databases from 2.0 to 3.0.

Now for the questions. Please go easy, I'm just learning and don't want to step on toes either.

How do I go about submitting the changes for approval for an updated add-on? I see how to submit a new add-on but not an update. I have pulled plenty of times, but never updated. And actually not sure if I am tall enough to ride that ride.

I am a bit confused about versioning. Do I need to change the version and if so, how do I know how to increment?

Thanks in advance for your help.
I'm a long time user and I've missed this add-on badly since it fell out of favour on any Eden repo's. Is there any means to share your updated add-on either here or via PM since I think it was one of the best Multi Arcade addons ever for XBMC. A big +1 from me in getting this added or re-established as working.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add-on Update Questions - MAME Frontend0