TMDb scraper
Hi,
I use the TMDb scraper and wonder about the following:

On the TMDb homepage there is the movie payback
http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/2112-payback

The German title of this movie is "Payback - Zahltag"
I named the movie file "Payback - Zahltag.mkv"

The TMDb scraper does not find this movie.
When I try to change the movie an select manual the movie is not shown in the list and I can't choose it.

When I rename the movie to "Payback.mkv" the movie is not found by the scraper. When I try to change the movie and select manual the movie is shown in the list and I can choose it.

Why is the file "Payback - Zahltag" not found from the scraper. This is the alternative title for German. This title is set in the TMDb database.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120784/

Thanks
Nothing we can do about it at this point. It's up to the themoviedb.org API to handle the search terms passed. We (XBMC) only pass the moviename and handle the API reply.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Just removing the " - " will help.

The " - " seems to be confusing. Also keep in mind that ae, oe and ue ARE NOT automaticle transformed to ä,ö and ü..

So instead of "Austin Powers - Golstaender", name your movie "Austin Powers Golständer"
Yes, you need to remove the "-" because tmdb doesnt support this exotic character.
Yes it does support it, but it's reading it as don't match. i.e. foo - bar means "matches foo but doesn't match bar" - just like google does.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

But that type of search logic has no place in a movie scraper. If I name my movie 'Mission - Impossible' then the first hit I get is Goldfinger. It is completely daft.

Just parse the movie title and remove this character before passing to the API if it is causing issues. I cannot think of a single instance where you would want this behaviour when naming a movie.
Last time I checked, themoviedb.org were looking to see whether this issue should be addressed or not.

I'm not sure if it can be implemented at the scraper level in the meantime (it doesn't really make sense to do it generally, as different scrapers may not have an issue with it).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Another exotic character TMDB seems not to support is '
Unfortunately it's dramatically common in italian.

Example:
Army of Darkness -> L'Armata delle tenebre
TMDB won't find it.
Renaming it in
L Armata delle tenebre (so, replacing ' with a space)
makes everything work like a charm.
Verified with more than 30 files !

I already notified TMDB via email about this asking for implementation.
I'd kindly ask to second this if you happen to have an already open channel with them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TMDb scraper0