xbmc network speed setting?
Hello everyone,

I'm curious if there is a way to alter the rate at which xbmc cache's the media it is playing? For example, if i'm streaming video from a webdav share and then pause the video i can watch the size of the cache in MB (3rd line down when O is pressed to bring up the on-screen menu). Watching the network transfer rate of that machine i can see it is downloading the cache'd content at 6Mbit, which is extremely slow. I can download this same content directly from the webdav server at 50Mbit+. Something must be limiting the download speed within xbmc and I would like the cache to fill at the maximum rate possible.

The only reason I ask/am interested is because I stream all of my content from a remote webdav server, most of the time this works fine, however some days my ISP will have intermittent slowdowns that a larger buffer will solve, and currently that buffer fills at an extremely low rate (when playing back video it barely fills, when paused it speeds up to 6Mbit)
Any answer to this?
Funny that it would be 6 mbit... I'm having an issue with MythTV playback and coincidentally enough MythTV when running through XBMC only seems to be able to pull data at (you guessed it) 6 mbps.

Are you on Eden?
XBMC buffers at twice the video bitrate, there's no way to change this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc network speed setting?0