Aeon Nox comics and fanart question.
I have Aeon Nox setup to read my comics (using skin only, not Advanced Launcher) and I am wondering if I can get fanart to work?

Folder structure is:

---Comics
-----Spider-Man
-------Spider-Man #679.cbz
-------Spider-Man #680.cbz
-------folder.jpg
-------fanart.jpg

The folder art works fine but the fanart.jpg does not show up as a background, do I need to name it something else to make it the background or is background art simply not possible? Note I have changed the stock hulk picture in the settings but I want different fanart based on what comic folder I am in. Thanks in advance.
Also anyway to make the skin read and display the comic metadata? I use comicrack with comic vine scraper and save the metadata which can be read and displayed on my tablet, just thinking if xbmc could read the existing metadata we could make it easier than trying to setup and scrape with advanced launcher....
FenceMan Wrote:Also anyway to make the skin read and display the comic metadata? I use comicrack with comic vine scraper and save the metadata which can be read and displayed on my tablet, just thinking if xbmc could read the existing metadata we could make it easier than trying to setup and scrape with advanced launcher....
How look these metadata? XML file?
Angelscry Wrote:How look these metadata? XML file?

It adds a comicinfo.xml to the archive, here is content of one:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
- <ComicInfo xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<Series>The Walking Dead</Series>
<Number>13</Number>
<Volume>2003</Volume>
<Summary>It's time to clean the house. And after an exhausting day of butchering zombies, there is a surprise for the guys behind door number one.</Summary>
<Notes>Scraped metadata from ComicVine [CVDB106785] on 2012.03.01 14:14:27.</Notes>
<Year>2004</Year>
<Month>10</Month>
<Writer>Robert Kirkman</Writer>
<Penciller>Charlie Adlard, Charlie Adlard, Tony Moore</Penciller>
<Inker>Charlie Adlard, Charlie Adlard</Inker>
<Colorist>Cliff Rathburn</Colorist>
<Letterer>Robert Kirkman</Letterer>
<CoverArtist>Tony Moore</CoverArtist>
<Publisher>Image</Publisher>
<Imprint>Skybound</Imprint>
<Web>http://www.comicvine.com/the-walking-dead-/37-106785/</Web>
<PageCount>23</PageCount>
<Characters>Rick Grimes, Tyreese, Carl Grimes, Sophia, Billy, Ben, Lori Grimes, Andrea , Julie, Chris, Carol, Allen, Dale, Dexter , Axel, Thomas Richards, Andrew</Characters>
- <Pages>
<Page Image="0" ImageWidth="1024" ImageHeight="1572" Type="FrontCover" />
<Page Image="1" ImageWidth="1024" ImageHeight="1575" />
<Page Image="2" />
<Page Image="3" />
<Page Image="4" />
<Page Image="5" />
<Page Image="6" />
<Page Image="7" />
<Page Image="8" />
<Page Image="9" />
<Page Image="10" />
<Page Image="11" />
<Page Image="12" />
<Page Image="13" />
<Page Image="14" />
<Page Image="15" />
<Page Image="16" />
<Page Image="17" />
<Page Image="18" />
<Page Image="19" />
<Page Image="20" />
<Page Image="21" />
<Page Image="22" />
</Pages>
</ComicInfo>

Its so easy to scrape with comicrack can't we use that XML data instead of scraping in xbmc?
FenceMan Wrote:It adds a comicinfo.xml to the archive, here is content of one:

Breath of Broken Glass Batgirl 3 2011 It's the story you've been waiting for! As Barbara Gordon struggles to find her place in the world, Batgirl and Nightwing collide with the unstoppable force of a train wreck! Will it be sparks flying, or fists for this star-crossed duo? Also, the terrifying Mirror ups the ante in his bizarre war on the citizens of Gotham City! Featuring the eye-popping art of rising superstar Ardian Syaf! Scraped metadata from ComicVine [CVDB301534] on 2012.02.29 07:18:23. 2012 1 Gail Simone Ardian Syaf Vincente Cifuentes Ulises Arreola Dave Sharpe Adam Hughes Bobbie Chase, Katie Kubert DC Comics http://www.comicvine.com/batgirl-a-breat...37-301534/ 24 Melody McKenna, James Gordon, Dick Grayson, Mirror, Barbara Gordon Batman Inc., Gotham City Police Department Gotham City

Its so easy to scrape with comicrack can't we use that XML data instead of scraping in xbmc?
Must be possible. I have to think how I could add this into Advanced Launcher without drastically modify all it overall use and structure. The only restraction is that Comirack is only an application only running under windows.
That would be awesome, once comics are scraped correctly they will always have the metadata and comicrack scrapes with comicvine but mech easier than on xbmc, want me to send you link to a cbz with the XML file inside?
FenceMan Wrote:That would be awesome, once comics are scraped correctly they will always have the metadata and comicrack scrapes with comicvine but mech easier than on xbmc, want me to send you link to a cbz with the XML file inside?
Maybe I will try to give again a chance to my comics addon.
Edited above post to show correct xml file, posted from tablet previously.

It should be easy enough to read and use this info?

Wondering if it could even be added at a skin level? Right now Nox reads the first image and displays that as a thumb, wonder if it could read the xml info and display??
FenceMan Wrote:Edited above post to show correct xml file, posted from tablet previously.

It should be easy enough to read and use this info?

Wondering if it could even be added at a skin level? Right now Nox reads the first image and displays that as a thumb, wonder if it could read the xml info and display??
Read an xml file and displaying info is not really the problem.

Problem is that Advanced Launcher scrapers are all actually based on filenames but not on files (with full path). Advanced Launcher scrapers act all as independant modules. They receive filename and platform information and return all the scraped information. In this case we need to add a filepath parameter, that's mean modify the way Advanced Launcher actually working. But also modify all the other existing scrapers included into Advanced Launcher.

That's also mean add features to extract cbz (zip) and cbr (rar) files content and maybe modify the stored information. It's starting to be files managing and we clearly deviate from the main purpose of Advanced Launcher that is to simply start applications.

All this modification for only one single application (ComicRack) that only running under Windows... I'm not sure it's worth. It will be better to have a dedicated program add-on for that. I have started to think to work on one... but honestly... I do not really have time and enough motivation to work on it.
Well hopefully someone can add this to a skin, Nox is almost there, if it could just display the xml metadata it would be perfect.

Realize this has nothing to do with comicrack, this has to do with metadata. It is very difficult for me to scrap with comicvine using your program but if I use comicrack with comicvine it scrapes fast and easy and saves that metadata into the cbz file so it never needs to be scraped again. The only thing comicrack will do is provide the metadata to begin with. I have no desire to launch comicrack from xbmc, just want to use the metadata comicrack has already created....
FenceMan Wrote:Well hopefully someone can add this to a skin, Nox is almost there, if it could just display the xml metadata it would be perfect.

Realize this has nothing to do with comicrack, this has to do with metadata. It is very difficult for me to scrap with comicvine using your program but if I use comicrack with comicvine it scrapes fast and easy and saves that metadata into the cbz file so it never needs to be scraped again. The only thing comicrack will do is provide the metadata to begin with. I have no desire to launch comicrack from xbmc, just want to use the metadata comicrack has already created....
Those metadata format is ONLY generated by Comicrack. So this has to do with Comicrack.Eek
Angelscry Wrote:Those metadata format is ONLY generated by Comicrack. So this has to do with Comicrack.Eek

True, sorry wish I knew how to code things, I would help...
FenceMan Wrote:True, sorry wish I knew how to code things, I would help...
I'm also interested to add comics support into XBMC. But I miss time and I do not think that this support has to be based only on a single specific Windows application. Wink
(2012-03-02, 13:17)FenceMan Wrote: I have Aeon Nox setup to read my comics (using skin only, not Advanced Launcher) ...

Sorry for the necro-post, but I'm trying to get this to work (see here), can you let me know how you got this to work?

HTPC RPI3 Kodi 17 (Krypton) v8.0.1 MR
Storage BPI 1x 500GB SSD UPnP server
Display Sony Bravia 32"
(2013-01-22, 12:23)n1md4 Wrote:
(2012-03-02, 13:17)FenceMan Wrote: I have Aeon Nox setup to read my comics (using skin only, not Advanced Launcher) ...

Sorry for the necro-post, but I'm trying to get this to work (see here), can you let me know how you got this to work?
Aeon Nox comics and fanart support and view comics with Advanced Launcher are 2 differents things.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox comics and fanart question.0