Start XBMC Remote Desktop
Hello,
i would know if it is possible to start XBMC in other PC (Windows XP) using Microsoft Remote Desktop.

I try to start but I have an initialization error. I suppose because OpenGL/DirectX can't start in Windows Termianl Server mode. It is correct? How can I manage XBMC with Remote Desktop ?

Thank you in advance.
Filippo
Do you really need to see the Desktop?
Or just to play media?
filippobesana Wrote:Hello,
i would know if it is possible to start XBMC in other PC (Windows XP) using Microsoft Remote Desktop.

I try to start but I have an initialization error. I suppose because OpenGL/DirectX can't start in Windows Termianl Server mode. It is correct? How can I manage XBMC with Remote Desktop ?

Thank you in advance.
Filippo
If you need to remote manage the PC I would use a VNC server. I like TightVNC.
Kodi: Shield Pro 2019
Storage: Synology DS2415+, DS1815+
HT: LG 65C9 OLED, Pioneer VSX-LX503
Speakers: ProAc Super Towers/front, ProAc EBT's/rear, Polk S35/center, SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer
Doesnt work with XBMC.
You can send Mouse/Keyboard commands but cant see XBMC on your PC monitor.
TeKo Wrote:Doesnt work with XBMC.
You can send Mouse/Keyboard commands but cant see XBMC on your PC monitor.
Huh? I see the movie and menus with TightVNC. It's laggy but works.
Speakers: ProAc Super Towers/front, ProAc EBT's/rear, Polk S35/center, SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer
I recommend TeamViewer.
gquiring Wrote:Huh? I see the movie and menus with TightVNC. It's laggy but works.

Hmm strange I only saw a black screen maybe just something in settings stopped using it anyways.
Thank you all for replies.

Actually I use UltraVNC and I see only a black windows where I must see XBMC window.

TeamViewer may be an alternative. I know it but it don't came in my mind.

If it fail I'll try TightVNC.

Stay tuned.
filippobesana Wrote:Thank you all for replies.

Actually I use UltraVNC and I see only a black windows where I must see XBMC window.

TeamViewer may be an alternative. I know it but it don't came in my mind.

If it fail I'll try TightVNC.

Stay tuned.
When I use VNC I hit the backslash key to make XBMC run in a window which makes it less laggy and easier to do maintenance. When done just hit the backslash again for full screen. I think when you first VNC in it is a black screen, just hit a key to wake it up.
What Do I Have?

Was trying to find a way get remote desktop control of XMBC on a RPi. Followed a cpl things I found on Goggle and nothing worked. Installed tightvnc and just got a black screen. Today I typed the RPi ip address into my laptop and some type of XBMC interfaced popped up. Blank white panel with XBMC media center in the upper left and a menu: Remote- Movies-TV Shows-Music on the right.

Remote pops up a basic remote the operated the XBMC home screen on my tv! Yea!
The the other menus bring up box cover of videos in those libraries.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Start XBMC Remote Desktop0