How to update Dharma skins to Eden
Hello! Totally new to skinning.

My plans are rather simple: I really like the skin "Shade" and apparently, there's no development on this skin. So, I'd like to update this skin to Eden because there's some features that are not working properly.

The main problem is that the "Plot" of a given item is not showing on the "Information screen" and the cast is shown in double.

Here's a screenshot of what I mean:

So, any help from you would be greatly appreciated. I began reading guide on skinning, so I'm rather unexperienced. Though, I code in Matlab/R/Unix for my work on a almost daily basis, so I guess the learning curve will not be that hard but I don't know exactly where to look. Resolving this issue will resolve almost every problem of Shade under Eden, I think.

Any hint? Thanks a lot!
Here's an updated DialogVideoInfo.xml for you.

http://pastebin.com/5daGcYER
Hitcher Wrote:Here's an updated DialogVideoInfo.xml for you.

http://pastebin.com/5daGcYER

Wow! More help than the user is asking Smile Respect for that!

It seems to have changed the background on the home screen. Now the background of each category (Movies, TV series, etc..) is the background.

I guess this info is in the same xml file you kindly provided. I'll look into that!

Thanks again!

edit - Here's what I mean (putting the background back to "default" didn't resolved the issue) :

That file wont affect the home screen.
yes, that's very strange. Maybe i tweaked something in Home.xml I can't remember.

Anyway, this was on my laptop. Tried the file on my HTPC and it works like a charm!
Thanks a lot!
So has updating that one file corrected all issues you were seeing in Shade under Eden? If so you might want to shoot that over to IGotDVDs and see if he will update his Git Repo with it. If that is literally the only fix needed to get Shade compatible with Eden, then it would be nice if it could be verified and then committed to the official repo. I used to use Shade as my primary skin, but with new versions of XBMC I have started using Metropolis. I know IGotDVDS is busy these days, and he does have a few other skins (Simplicity, & Sketchy(in the works)), but having Shade as an option in Eden would be excellent. I wish the skins were more modular, so stuff in the repo would stay updated when new XBMC versions are released and the skinners wouldn't have to make so many changes to completed and stable skins.

-hogfan
What I posted only fixes the Video Info screen problem.
Well, that was the only problem I could see with Shade on Eden. I'm not an expert though... but I posted a zip file on google code. See here : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=1...ost1035375

Work in progress... but I'm not sure I can pull this alone. We'll see how I can learn all that stuff. I'm no artist, but I can code. I just need to learn the basics behind python (I guess it's python right??).

edit - If you see problems with Shade under Eden, please post them in the Shade subforum Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to update Dharma skins to Eden0