• 5(current)
XBMC 11.0 Eden: RC 2 available now
Long time lurker - new convert from Boxee... and after using XBMC dharma for a bit and switching to EDEN RC2 directly, I'm very impressed.

I'm only using the software in a minimal way:
- only 2 boxes (win7 HTPC and ATV2) with shared mysql library
- streaming from network drives over SMB (wired network only)
- using only 2 video add-ons for streaming from TV sites

... but I couldn't be more pleased with XBMC.

I so understand how difficult it is to support a community that uses the same software on such different setups in such different ways. I just wanted to say a big thanks to everyone involved. You're doing awesome work on this little free software jewel that makes my life so much easier.
I wonder if the new 1080p capable AppleTV3 will present any new problems to either jailbreaking it and/or XBMC. Has anyone put XBMC on the ATV2 after the new software update that gives it the ATV3 interface? Certainly, XBMC would be awesome on it with full 1080p output capability. I think the new ATV finally supports AVI, but still lacks MKV support.
THEATER: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
May have found a bug in RC2, when i try to rewind at 2x it goes extremely fast like its at 32x. Anyone else get this?
(2012-03-11, 08:04)maxp779 Wrote: May have found a bug in RC2, when i try to rewind at 2x it goes extremely fast like its at 32x. Anyone else get this?

Yes but its more like 8 speed

Has no one else found the issue where if you leave a video paused for more than a few minutes, it won't play or plays at 1fps when unpaused? The only way to fix this is to stop the video file and start it again.

This applies to local (sata + usb) and network drives. I have RC1 installed on another machine and this problem isnt there.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
I have a strange problem with RC2 on Windows 7.

After starting XBMC, after approx 60-90 seconds the PC will be switched off: No shutdown, its like removing the power cord. Its triggered by XBMC , it does not happen, if I do not start XBMC. There is nothing in the log, most of the time the logfile and filesystem is corrupted, because the system does not shutdown properly.

For me, it looks like, that one of the plugins/Addons causes that, but I cannot remove/deavtivate them with the gui (I am not fast enough to come to the settings before the the systems siwtches off)

Any option to deactivate addons in a file or database, or does anybody got an idea?

btw: I updated from dharma (no fresh install), and installed RC2 over the existing installation again to make sure, that all binaries are ok.
No messages/errors/warning within the Windows event log (application)?
Can anyone give an update on when we might expect the XBMCbuntu RC2 release? I am currentlly using Beta 3 and it's extremely buggy.
(2012-03-15, 09:53)thica Wrote: I have a strange problem with RC2 on Windows 7.

After starting XBMC, after approx 60-90 seconds the PC will be switched off: No shutdown, its like removing the power cord. Its triggered by XBMC , it does not happen, if I do not start XBMC. There is nothing in the log, most of the time the logfile and filesystem is corrupted, because the system does not shutdown properly.

For me, it looks like, that one of the plugins/Addons causes that, but I cannot remove/deavtivate them with the gui (I am not fast enough to come to the settings before the the systems siwtches off)

Any option to deactivate addons in a file or database, or does anybody got an idea?

btw: I updated from dharma (no fresh install), and installed RC2 over the existing installation again to make sure, that all binaries are ok.
Hi
You might try switching off automatic restart if its on..
Not sure if its available or where it is under win7...Xp its control panel~system~advance settings ~startup and recovery~ uncheck automatically restart

Wozza

Sorry wrong thread..
MyVideos60.db (Eden RC2) has the bookmarks from MyVideos34.db (Dharma). The built-in DVDPlayer does not recognize these bookmarks. Eden can create new bookmarks and the new bookmarks will work.

The new bookmarks look different when I peek using SQLiteSpy. In particular, strPath in the path table is much different. The bookmarks created by Dharma have the path to the movie or TV show in strPath. The bookmarks created by Eden have videodb://1/7/6 or similar. Is Eden by design incompatible with the bookmarks from Dharma? If so, a one-time conversion utility would be helpful. (I have hundred of bookmarks.)

Setup: Windows 7, 64-bit, clean install of Eden (Renamed the XBMC folder in Program Files (x86) and let the install create a new XBMC folder. Backed up app data but left it as-is during the install.)

I appreciate all the hard work put into improving XBMC. Thanks!
The bookmarks done by Eden should NOT have or require videodb:// path. All bookmarks work on the actual file path.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-03-18, 22:34)jmarshall Wrote: The bookmarks done by Eden should NOT have or require videodb:// path. All bookmarks work on the actual file path.

OK. But why is Eden generating bookmarks with a videodb:// path, and more importantly, why does it not work with the older bookmarks from Dharma?
One more detail, since I saw symbolic links mentioned elsewhere: My paths to the movies and TV shows are all junction points. The junction points are all local to the host computer. No references to network or USB drives.

In other words, the Dharma bookmarks worked through junction points. Is this possibly the difference with Eden?

The library movies still play fine with the same paths through junction points. BTW, the junction points are extremely handy in managing multiple HDDs. One partition (actually on a RAM drive) points to the HDDs. Files can change from HDD to HDD (for expansion or maintenance) by just changing the junction points.
I have seen no evidence of Eden behaving like this, other than in this post. You may well be right and it does it for everyone and noone has noticed - dunno.

If you could get us a debug log of you setting a bookmark and perhaps a debug log of you trying to pull up the bookmarks that'd be a handy place to start.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

• 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 11.0 Eden: RC 2 available now5