• 6(current)
XBMC 11.0 Eden: RC 2 available now
Ok, I've been contacted with more info via PM. I've confirmed and fixed the problem in master. Eden final will contain the fix.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hi XBMC developers!!! I'm amazed from your SW - I'm using XBMC on aTV2!
Are you going to keep Eden and the next versions releases available for aTV2/aTV3? I'm also fell in love with the Transparency! skin...
(2012-03-19, 06:09)jmarshall Wrote: Ok, I've been contacted with more info via PM. I've confirmed and fixed the problem in master. Eden final will contain the fix.

Thanks very much jmarshall for checking out the bookmark issue and fixing it!
Wow! I was just about ready to give up on XBMC and go back to Windows Media Center because of some issues with the video library I just couldn't get around in Dharma. My wife and kids wanted me to go back "to the old way", but I decided to give Eden a try and this thing works like a dream. Eden is really a marvelous piece of software, it fixed nearly all my family members' complaints with XBMC. My compliments and thanks to those that generously donate their time and talents to building this great product.

Now if only Netflix would authorize a properly integrated plug-in for XBMC like they did for WMC.
I can't install skins from within XBMC. They download and then nothing happens.

Edit: Also, my MPEG2 movies stop playing after about 10 seconds (the time bar continues to advance but the picture doesn't). Windows Media Center plays them without a problem. I tried it with 10.1 and there's the same problem. If I fast forward it will work but pause every couple of seconds. When playing normally these are the points it stops.
What is the ETA for Eden Final?
We're actually a few days away Wink
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
So will there be many changes to the look and feel from RC2?
Only bug fixes at this stage in the game. That's what the feature-freeze is all about. There's a long stack of features/additions queue'd up for integration after Eden final. Pretty much what you see now is final Eden.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-03-21, 14:03)DDDamian Wrote: We're actually a few days away Wink

Is this actually true? I only ask because I'm building a machine for some friends and I'd much rather give them a completed box with a full release on it instead of the pre-release (or Beta 3, since I'm using XBMCbuntu).

In fact, that's another question: will XBMCbuntu come out at the same time as the other final Eden releases?

Regards to all - and thanks for terrific software!

Discy
My advice would be to wait a couple of days then Wink
(2012-03-21, 23:28)DDDamian Wrote: My advice would be to wait a couple of days then Wink

I will, then. Thank you!

Smile
(2012-03-21, 20:03)DDDamian Wrote: Only bug fixes at this stage in the game. That's what the feature-freeze is all about. There's a long stack of features/additions queue'd up for integration after Eden final. Pretty much what you see now is final Eden.

So does this mean that once released addon's that don't work correctly are already queue'd up for updates? Hulu and XBMCFlicks give me problems off and on and Cinema Experience freezes my whole xbmc and I have to End Task from task manager.
Addons are almost always up to the individual who created them to update, and some may be active, some not. Most are outside the core XBMC software (thus addons lol) so you're best to search for a support thread for the specific addon and politely ask there.
Do we get any hints at the queue list of future features? Please.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 11.0 Eden: RC 2 available now5