[MOD] Shade V2 for Eden
Here's a modification to Shade, so that we can use it with Eden.
  • Added new views for movie, TV series and TV episodes.
  • BIG FONTS (with people with bad eyes like me!) : The fonts are not super-big, but bigger than most of the other skin.
  • Some cosmetic changes (Star rating for example).
  • New default font + more fonts.
  • See the Changelogs below for more details and screenshots

STABLE RELEASE IS 2.7.6 (September-10th-2012)
Project Home
Screenshots

Acknowledgement : igotdvds for the creation of Shade.

DOWNLOADS

CHANGE LOG

2.7.x (16-05-2012)
Screenshots: see Flickr
  • Simplicity-style Home Screen (credits to igotdvds), see post #52 for screenshots
  • Night-style Home Screen (credits to mcborzu), see post #52 for screenshots
  • Support for Artist Logo
  • 2 new view for Artists and Album
  • Alternative minimalist view for Music Visualisation
  • Black background for Music visualisation
  • Replaced video thumbnail in VideoFullScreen info with logo.png

2.6.x (16-05-2012)
  • New albums and artists view (clever people will see the resemblances with Simplicity!)
  • Half stars are introduced and replace the "full" stars previously used
  • Watched icon overlay for Movies and TV Shows
  • New font added (Ubuntu)
  • Correct support for TV Tunes
  • Improved the DialogFullscreeninfo (see screenshots below!)
  • New media icons (tks for Cirrus Extended media set). You can see them in screenshots
  • Better fluidity in Home menu
  • For Album list view, the duration is now shown
  • Some cosmetics (bigger fonts for some views, title scrolling for long titles, like Harry Potter and his never ending title)
  • Bug fixes

2.5.x (22-04-2012)
  • Support for Extra Fanart in Movies, TV Shows, Season and Episodes views.
  • Tweaked the Home screen for recently added items, custom programs and add-ons.
  • Changed for TV Episodes, the Featured items for WatchList items (show the next unwatched episodes, instead of randoms items)
  • Tweaked to Featured and Recently added list on Home screen for Movies

2.4.x (4-04-2012)
  • Reduced the footprint of "Recently added" on the Home menu
  • Added the "Rollback" feature in add-ons manager (so that you have the ability to rollback to an earlier version of a given addon)
  • Modify the programs and addons in skin settings, so that when choosing a program or video addons, the title and icons is automatically setted and shown on the Home screen
  • Added "Play Disc" icon on Home menu
  • Changed default backgrounds
  • Added "Fanart" shortcut for custom backgrounds
  • Completed updating inner working of the skin to comply with XBMC 11
  • Corrected bug in the implementation of Artwork Downloader
  • Corrected bug in Wallstream view (no plot information when the info pops-up after x seconds on a given movie), and some cosmetics changes to label positioning
  • Corrected "Now playing" default position on Home screen
  • Alternate, horizontal view (like "Aeon") is now deprecated.

2.3.2 and 2.3.3 (16-03-2012)
  • New Episode view (Screenshot)
  • Modified the Large Ep. view (Screenshot)
  • Added Media codec/resolution/etc info on seekbar (Screenshot)
  • Improved the Alt. Banner View (Screenshot)
  • Changed Star ratings from white to yellow. Streamlined theme color to yellow.

2.3.x (13-03-2012)
  • Added an Alternate Fanart view with info similar to the "Scroll" view (screenshot)
  • Unlocked "Welo view" (was previously hidden in Skin's "secret view") -> screenshot
  • Get Artwork for a given movie or TV series now ask which kind of artwork you want to download, instead of downloading all artwork for a given movie/TV series
  • ver 2.3.1 : Corrected some bugs (i.e. you can navigate everywhere in Large episode view and season view now. From go to root to last episode)

2.2.x (12-03-2012)
  • Support for Artwork downloader is now fully implemented (Bulk mode in Skin's setting and solo mode in Information screen of a given Movie/TV Series)

2.1.x (10-03-2012)
2.0.2 (08-03-2012)
  • Bigger media flags
  • Colored titles and colored remaining time.

• Corrected title size

TO-DO

For 2.8.0
  • Alternative Tri-Banner view with more Banner (aka Hex-Banner view) see post [url=http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124466&pid=1148853#pid1148853]#59
  • BannerPlex view see post [url=http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124466&pid=1148853#pid1148853]#59
  • Alternative Night Layout with middle placement of items see post [url=http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124466&pid=1148853#pid1148853]#59
  • Optional Media flag see post [url=http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124466&pid=1148853#pid1148853]#59
  • Add option to remove "Home" item in main menu see post [url=http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124466&pid=1148853#pid1148853]#59
  • Add Extrafanart support for Music artists

SUGGESTIONS

I think the best way to do that would be to be in common our resources, suggestions and features that we would like to be in there.

So, feel free to ask for features, etc...
Please include support for artist logos, cdart, etc. You can make the skin at par with various dependencies for Eden. For. e.g., artwork downloader has replaced logo downloader. You can upload at google code and create a svn there. It will be helpful as incremental updates are pushed and no need to create zip or rar files, each time updates are made. Best of luck with your work
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
ok thanks for the input. I'll see what I can do in the next weeks. I'm a complete newbie with skins... But I'm interested to learn, so that "Shade can shine" again Smile
UPDATES

Since 2.1.x, there a new TV view added (which was taken from Simplicity skin). Being my favorite view, I added it to Shade-Eden :

Version 2.2.x has full support for the plugin "Artwork Downloader" and replace "logo-downloader". It is implemented in bulk mode (under Skin's setting) and solo mode (under the information view of a given movie/TV series).
Wow nice work. Is it also possible in the tvshow view at episode level to go up to the latest episode (you can only go down, so with 20 episodes it's quite some pressing Smile.

And is it possible to add the HD (1080/720p) / SD icon to the subtitle menu, so I can see which type of subtitle I have to download?

Great work!
Mac Mini 2,3 | Openelec | Marantz SR-5006 | 2x Monitor Audio Radius 90 | REL T5 Subwoofer | Synology DS213 |
Zotac Zbox ID41 | Openelec | Marantz SR-5003 | 2x Mordaunt Short Genie

Thanks! igotdvds did all the work Smile

(2012-03-12, 22:44)sjobbels Wrote: Wow nice work. Is it also possible in the tvshow view at episode level to go up to the latest episode (you can only go down, so with 20 episodes it's quite some pressing Smile.

Indeed, I see this behavior with a "Large Episode" and "Season View". The other views, you can go "up" to the last episodes... I'll look into it. edit - A quick workaround is to set your remote with a shortcut "Hide/Show Watched".

Quote:And is it possible to add the HD (1080/720p) / SD icon to the subtitle menu, so I can see which type of subtitle I have to download?

Great work!

Not sure if that's possible. I'm guessing that is more to do with the subtitles addon script.?
UPDATES

CHANGELOG 2.3.0
  • Unlocked "Welo view" (was previously hidden in Skin's "secret view") -> See screenshot below
  • Added an Alternate Fanart view with info similar to the "Scroll" view
  • Get Artwork for a given movie or TV series now ask which kind of artwork you want to download, instead of downloading all artwork for a given movie/TV series

New Alternative Fanart view for movies

Unlocked Welo view (was already available in source code coded by igotdvds)
(2012-03-12, 22:44)sjobbels Wrote: Wow nice work. Is it also possible in the tvshow view at episode level to go up to the latest episode (you can only go down, so with 20 episodes it's quite some pressing Smile.

As of ver 2.3.1 this bug is corrected. You can now go from "Go to root" to the lastest episode of the list.
I like that TV View!
(2012-03-14, 19:57)avus m3 Wrote: I like that TV View!

I agree! :-) Favorite view for TV Series. It's taken from Simplicity, another great skin from igotdvds.
As of 2.3.1, expect bigger release, but less often. I find 2.3.1 stable and highly usable on a daily basis. I have some more ideas for cosmetics.
  • Show the +30s and +10min on the screen, when the user is doing a small skip (right direction pad) and a big step (up on direction pad)
  • When the player is paused I'd like to have 2 big vertical transparent bar
  • French translation

If people see some bugs, please tell me! Either here or on google code (there's an "issue" page).

Again, if you want something, you better ask! Smile

Thanks!
Again wow, nice adjustments!

I've already asked about the hd and sd icons. But they are not situated in the subtitle menu, but just on pause (My mistake). Is that possible, so I can still see which tv-show / movie I've downloaded and choose the right subtitle. See example of convergence:

It would be nice to see it on shade's pause menu Smile

And is it possible to show only the recently added items in a thumb view. The current view is almost taking the complete screen.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
Mac Mini 2,3 | Openelec | Marantz SR-5006 | 2x Monitor Audio Radius 90 | REL T5 Subwoofer | Synology DS213 |
Zotac Zbox ID41 | Openelec | Marantz SR-5003 | 2x Mordaunt Short Genie

oh I see now what you mean! I guess it wouldn't be too hard to implement and I'll link it with the "Enable Movie poster on seekbar" and "Enable clearart on seekbar".

About the recently added, I agree that it takes too much place. Just to be sure, you mean the recently added on the home screen?
Yes indeed!
And skip the info about my system, the amount of movies, tvshows and albums Smile

UPDATES ver 2.3.2 and 2.3.3
  • New Episode view (Screenshot
  • Modified the Large Ep. view (Screenshot)
  • Added Media codec/resolution/etc info on seekbar (Screenshot)
  • Improved the Alt. Banner View (Screenshot)
  • Rating star are now yellow
  • Streamlined colors from blue to yellow

SCREENSHOTS

New episode view (again, taken from Simplicity)

Mod to the large Ep. View and (also Season view) NB. It does look better in real life! :

Added Media codec/rez/etc on seekbar :

Improvement to the Alt. Banner View:

Another screenshot showing the added value of yellow star (imho) :

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Shade V2 for Eden4