XBMC and Mediaportal
Hi all,

I was hoping to get a bit of advice. After loving XBMC as a media center I decided to use it for a PVR too.

So i've installed a DVB-S2 card, and also installed Mediaportal as the backend. I've scanned channels fine, and installed the XBMC plug in fine.

My problem is when I load XBMC and go to "Live TV", I connect to media portal (i can see in the debug.exe with the plugin that it connects okay) but no channels are listed.

EDIT:

I've done some debugging and what i've found is quite strange.

If I load TVServerXBMC.exe, and then XBMC, TVServerXBMC.exe just hangs there "waiting for clients". The only way I can change this is to go to System > Settings > LiveTV > Disable and then enable.

Once i've disabled and enabled the LiveTV functionality, TVServerXBMC.exe then manages to connect to the telnet port 9596. But without enabling and disabling, it just does nothing. When it's connected to the telnet port, I can go into LiveTV and I see the two dots again ( .. ) which do nothing.

Now, if I stop TVServerXBMC.exe. Then start up media portals TV Server (with the plug-in enabled), then start XBMC... i get nothing. When clicking on LiveTV I get an error telling me that there's no PVR connected. This also still happens if i go to settings and disable/enable LiveTV.

So TVServer and XBMC arent talking to each other then I assume?

Is it possible i've done something wrong with the plug-in? Even though it's in the correct folder and activated in the checkbox?

Any help would be vastly appreciated, i'm a bit stuck now.

Thanks
Use 4theRecord as backend if you only use MediaPortal for its backend.
Ah cool I didnt realise XBMC could work with another plug-in! Thanks for the info!

Shame the 4therecord website is down :-(

Any idea where to download it from other than official?
It seems to work fine now: http://www.4therecord.eu
I suggest you use ForTheRecord / Argus as a TV server. Which XBMC build are you using? I am under Margro Eden RC1.
Hi

Thanks for your reply!

Yes i';ve downloaded Fottherecord, and got all the satellite and channels scanned.

Though in XBMC I have activated the Fortherecord plugin, but when I go to "Live TV" i get the error message that no PVR is connected.

In my xbmc.log i get this error....

Query: INSERT INTO channels (iUniqueId, bIsRadio, bIsHidden, sIconPath, sChannelName, bIsVirtual, bEPGEnabled, sEPGScraper, iLastWatched, iClientId, iClientChannelNumber, sInputFormat, sStreamURL, iEncryptionSystem, idEpg) VALUES (104, 0, 0, '', 'BBC 1 S West', 0, 1, 'client', 0, 1, 104, 'video/x-mpegts', '', -1, -1);
14:30:59 T:3616 ERROR: CDatabase::ExecuteQuery - failed to execute query 'INSERT INTO channels (iUniqueId, bIsRadio, bIsHidden, sIconPath, sChannelName, bIsVirtual, bEPGEnabled, sEPGScraper, iLastWatched, iClientId, iClientChannelNumber, sInputFormat, sStreamURL, iEncryptionSystem, idEpg) VALUES (104, 0, 0, '', 'BBC 1 S West', 0, 1, 'client', 0, 1, 104, 'video/x-mpegts', '', -1, -1);'
14:30:59 T:3616 ERROR: CPVRChannelGroupInternal - PVR::CPVRChannelGroupInternal:Tongueersist - failed to persist channel 'BBC 1 S West'
14:30:59 T:3616 ERROR: SQL: Abort due to constraint violation

Any ideas what this means?

Sorry for being a newbie, quite a learning curve!

I'm also using the Margo build! :-)
Right, I edited some registry files and rebooting, now the channels are added but I cant go into the LiveTV still, it's telling me that there's no PVR client detected.

In my log i'm now seeing this...

FO: PVRChannelGroupInternal - PVR::CPVRChannelGroupInternal::AddAndUpdateChannels - added TV channel 'Nat Geo HD' at position 288
15:07:41 T:832 INFO: PVRChannelGroupInternal - PVR::CPVRChannelGroupInternal::AddAndUpdateChannels - added TV channel 'CNN' at position 287
15:07:41 T:832 INFO: PVRChannelGroupInternal - PVR::CPVRChannelGroupInternal::AddAndUpdateChannels - added TV channel 'Cartoon I' at position 286
15:07:41 T:832 INFO: PVRChannelGroupInternal - PVR::CPVRChannelGroupInternal::AddAndUpdateChannels - added TV channel 'Toonami I' at position 285
15:07:41 T:832 INFO: PVRChannelGroupInternal - PVR::CPVRChannelGroupInternal::AddAndUpdateChannels - added TV channel 'CN Too' at position 284
15:07:41 T:832 INFO: PVRChannelGroupInternal - PVR::CPVRChannelGroupInternal::AddAndUpdateChannels - added TV channel 'Unknown 1279' at position 270
15:07:41 T:832 DEBUG: CPVRChannelGroupInternal - PVR::CPVRChannelGroupInternal:Tongueersist - persisting 745 channels
15:07:41 T:832 DEBUG: CPVRChannelGroupInternal - PVR::CPVRChannelGroupInternal:Tongueersist - group 'All TV channels' has new channels. writing changes directly
15:07:44 T:5108 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
15:07:49 T:5108 INFO: Python, unloading python shared library because no scripts are running anymore
15:07:50 T:5108 DEBUG: CWinEventsWin32::WndProcWindow is active
15:07:50 T:5108 DEBUG: CWinEventsWin32::WndProc: Focus switched to process C:\Windows\explorer.exe
15:07:51 T:5108 DEBUG: SECTION:UnloadDelayed(DLL: special://xbmcbin/system/ImageLib.dll)
15:07:55 T:5108 DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(special://xbmcbin/system/ImageLib.dll)
15:08:00 T:5108 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (Pointer.xml) ------
15:08:02 T:2796 DEBUG: Thread Jobworker 2796 terminating (autodelete)
15:08:02 T:5108 INFO: XCURL:Big GrinllLibCurlGlobal::CheckIdle - Closing session to http://feeds.feedburner.com (easy=00537FD8, multi=01917A68)
15:08:05 T:5108 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (Pointer.xml) ------
15:08:23 T:5112 DEBUG: Thread Jobworker 5112 terminating (autodelete)
15:08:25 T:5108 DEBUG: SECTION:UnloadDelayed(DLL: special://xbmcbin/system/ImageLib.dll)

Any ideas?
cross posts are not allowed, which topic do you want to keep ?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ah sussed it!

Thanks for your help!

Had to stop XBMc to sync channels with the backend!

Thanks Big Grin
pike Wrote:cross posts are not allowed, which topic do you want to keep ?

sorry mate this one, when I posted the other thread I didnt realise I was doing it in the PVR Development section, sorry!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC and Mediaportal0