RC 2 immediately goes "not responding"
Installed both RC1 and RC2 on my Win 7 Zotac HTPC and the same result. Only solution is revert to v10. Any ideas what's wrong?
llwebb Wrote:Installed both RC1 and RC2 on my Win 7 Zotac HTPC and the same result. Only solution is revert to v10. Any ideas what's wrong?

I have the exact same problem. I have removed all skins except Confluence as i thought that might be the problem. Anybody got an idea to where I should start looking for errors?

Mine goes to the first XBMC loading logo and just sits there. Reverting to 10.1 works fine.

Any help appreciated.
XBMC RC2 starts and begins the "scan for new content" and locks up at varying points during that process.
Seems to be a database error at my end.

Anybody got an idea on how to fix it? Link to pastebin follows:

http://pastebin.com/FLpGxvaD
Most likely due to a corrupt database.

Before you do anything, check the debug log. As always, it will show you what's going on.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

My crystal ball was right Wink

Follow the advice in the wiki. Note in particular the Dharma vs Eden advice:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._libraries

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

This thread might fix it: Will try it tomorrow.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98035
It DID work. But surfing the main menu of XBMC is quite slow, but using settings menu works as normally. Any ideas why?
Again, the debug log will tell you the answer.

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but I thought our problems were related. "Llweb" have you tried any of this? Does it work for you?

I can clearly see now that it is a DB connection problem from my side. But for the love of me I can not XBMC to connect to my old db's. Even though I have granted all access to my xbmc user as stated in your link jmarshall.

I am considering starting installing a brand new db, but I do not understand why theese errors occur.

It might have something to do with me having two profiles that does not share video library. My kids have their own library for good reasons.

Anybody know how to fix this. I'm reading up on this now but if anybody got any suggestions I'll be happy to have them.

Regards
Just to update this, if anybody needs help.

The issues I had was the database migration from 10.1 -> Eden Rc2 on win 7 64 bit platform. XBMC would not be able to use the original database even though I had granted the user all privileges.

What I did to fix it after I had already installed Eden:

1. Reinstall 10.1
2. Export actual databases to single files
3. Install Eden
4. Edit advancedsettings.xml for the actual profiles with NEW databases (do not create them in MySQL.
5. Start Eden and IMPORT the databases to the profiles

Voila - smile and be happy. At least it worked for me this way.

Regards and thanks for help on the way.
I reviewed the Wiki and didn't really change anything - except I allowed XBMC to sit "non responding" for a while. I have 2 external WD Drives (1 is 1 TB and 1 is 3TB) with my movie library and XBMC ma have just been updating the library and v11 RC 2 databases.
Everything now appears fine and RC2 is running fantastic. Thanks for your attention.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RC 2 immediately goes "not responding"0