Finally Finished Home Theater Build :D
Hello Everyone, I would like to start off by saying I have been a member of the xbmc community or a user at least since 2004 shortly after the release and dabbling in the modding world of xbox.

I soon had my original xbox outfitted with modchip custom frontplate with LCD panel custom case and jewel a 500gb HDD and xbmc as my dash i soon filled that device up and networked my storage and from there it grew
Since I Have Gotten Older I can now afford a real machine to run my xbmc build

My HTPC consists of

Hardware:
Ga-z68ma-u3 MATX board
I3 2120 (didn't need much)
Nvidia GT 430
StarTech PEX13943 4 pt firewire
Thermaltak HTPC case with Soundgraph Imonlcd Panel and pad
Optiarc DVD Rw
4x pyro 60gb SSD's
1x 500gb HDD
500w CoolerMaster PSU

Software:
Ubuntu 11.10
Mythtv front/backend 24
XBMC PVR branch Eden

This box Serves as the backend for my mythtv installation and my XBMC frontend. It supports 3 cable boxes currently.

This machine also reads off my 8tb storage in my Mac File server
This machine was my first build and was intended to be the HTPC but it kept growing and soon became my daily
Now it has become a fileserver for my HTPC containing over 7tb of media

It is a

gigabyte Ga-z68m-ud2h ATX board
I5 2500K @ 4.5ghz
Antec 620 Water Cooling
4x 1tb Western Digital HDD's
1x 2TB Western Digital HDD
2x OCZ 60gb SSDs
NVidia GTX 460

I wanna thank Team XBMC without them id be stuck watching my cable on a tube tv and being happy with it Rofl

Now thanks to PVR branch I can have ALL my media in EVERY room and even on the go
Soon I will post pictures of the internals of the HTPC
I wanted to post this somewhere and show what Team XBMC had inspired and what i have achieved with the help of the knowledge found in these forums

That's great Smile There's a certain satisfaction, I think, in being able to broadcast your media to any room in the house or even to the adjacent milking parlour (or back garden, depending where you live Wink )
XBMC, er, building, looks awesome on that screen Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-07-16, 00:57)fional Wrote: That's great Smile There's a certain satisfaction, I think, in being able to broadcast your media to any room in the house or even to the adjacent milking parlour (or back garden, depending where you live Wink )

its nice to be at work 30 miles away and pop on the shared media i have

thanks again for the knowledge xbmc users/makers

will post some pics of the live tv interface (thats my favorite part Big Grin)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Finally Finished Home Theater Build :D0