2nd HTPC removable storage
I am looking to build a 2 HTPC for a second house. I currently have a unRaid server with 10T of media. I will only need to "bring" enough media for a few days, what is the best way to do this? I understand the USB2 doesn't have enough speed for 1080p, is that accurate? My unRaid server is using this MoBo http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/...No=7007421 so I do not have USB3 on board.. but this is reverse compapatable so I could transfer onto USB3 drive... correct? Should I look into SATA to eSata options?

I am also looking for suggestions for my new HTPC considering this need. I am probable looking at a "Group #4 or #5" build. I really don't want to spend the $$ on a windows license but may have too if Netflix becomes a must. I will also need to build this with WiFi... will that work without issues for streaming Netflix or Hulu?

Thanks so much!
HTPC: CPU | MoBo | GPU | Case & PSU | RAM |SSD
usb2 is fast enough for 1080P files under ~15gb ...
some report also no issues with bigger files.
eskro Wrote:usb2 is fast enough for 1080P files under ~15gb ...
some report also no issues with bigger files.

so the USB2 issues are related to the total file size... not the bitrate or compression?
actually both. im just saying, you shouldnt have problems with files under ~15GB
if I swap out this builds MoBo for one that has USB3,,, will I see any speed gain? USB3 should avoid ANY issues with media size correct? will that also keep me from getting any buffering? I see that that case offers USB3 on the front connectors so that is already taken care of for me.

USB3 motherboard idea?
well yeah, USB3 will give u peace of mind, so is eSATA too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2nd HTPC removable storage0